U2: The Worst of 1980-2002

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkeeK

The Original, Rock n' Roll Doggie, VIP PASS
I think they should release a compilation, don't you?

I think it would be neat, especially for me because I enjoy all U2's songs. Here's what I think it might have (I think we should exclude B-Sides):

Playboy Mansion
Miami
Red Light
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
Refugee
Elvis Presley and America
4th of July
Peace On Earth
Some Days Are Better Than Others
Trip Through Your Wires
Discotheque
Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World
The Wanderer
If You Wear That Velvet Dress
Is That All?
Love is Blindness
Grace

These are not my opinions, but rather the songs that fairly or unfairly it seems a lot of people don't really like. General consensus if you will. I can come to terms with the fact that a lot of people hate some songs that I like a great deal.
Love is Blindness is the oddball, it's probably in my personal top 20, but on some internet forum (not this one) many, many people said it was their least favourite U2 song. I think they're on crack because it's so awesomely brilliant. I just put it there so I could constantly be reminded of human stupidity.

Any much maligned songs I'm missing?

I will give it a shot........

I tried not to read the one above so I could give my OPINION:sexywink:

Red Light
Celebration
Some Days are Better Than Others
Trip Through Your Wires
God Part II
Babyface
Happiness is a Warm Gun
Do you feel loved?
Elvis Prestley and America
4th of July
Salome
Holy Joe (guilty mix)
Race against Time
Alex Descends into Hell for a bottle of Milk

Although these songs demonstrate the scope of U2's music...this would be a mix tape to avoid.

I predict this thread will be too long

omit these:

Love is Blindness
EP and America
Discotheque
Miami
Refugee

The rest might be worth putting on there, but I had to pick five from your list, if i had to pick one of those five that should absolutely not be on that list, I would go with Love is Blindness.

Ouch, ouch, ouch!!! I love all these songs!!!!!

I don't think there are any bad U2 songs...some songs I prefer over others, but I think all songs have some worthy aspect.

KhanadaRhodes said:
what about "when i look at the world?" it's "boring, completely banal, and worthless." (my husband said that :p)

:sad: I like that song! It's weird, though...It doesn't seem like people talk about it much...

KhanadaRhodes said:
what about "when i look at the world?" it's "boring, completely banal, and worthless." (my husband said that :p)

Yeah...well...your husband has said a lot of things! :p :D

Woah. Can't believe I forgot Babyface!

Mygosh I do love the song, but it certainly gets beat around.

And remember people, we're not talking about the songs you don't like, we're talking about the songs that people in general don't seem to like. If you get annoyed by your favourite songs being discussed, think of this thread of a treatise on the everpresence of human stupidity.

SkeeK said:
I think they should release a compilation, don't you?

I think it would be neat, especially for me because I enjoy all U2's songs. Here's what I think it might have (I think we should exclude B-Sides):

Playboy Mansion
Miami
Red Light
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
Refugee
Elvis Presley and America
4th of July
Peace On Earth
Some Days Are Better Than Others
Trip Through Your Wires
Discotheque
Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World
The Wanderer
If You Wear That Velvet Dress
Is That All?
Love is Blindness
Grace

Okay, Skeek, I understand you are doing a list of songs that *most* U2 fans don't like, or don't like very much, but what is the deal with If You Wear That Velvet Dress on there?! :huh: I honestly can't think of anything but good comments on If You Wear That Velvet Dress. It's one of the best songs on Pop, IMO. But then again, I think Pop is a masterpiece. :p

elevatedmole, actually there was quite a lot of u2 fans in this forum said that they didn't like If You Wear That Velvet Dress in previous discussions... but I like it personally. :p

Last edited:
I think Love Is Blindness SHOULD be there. There I said it. Sure Edge is great and all on the song but Bono ruins it with his money/honey line. That entire line just grates to my ear and everytime I think of Love Is Blindness I think of that line.

Well -

I know this is all supposed to be taken lightly and it is just for giggles - but why in the world would "discotheque" be on that list? "Love is blindness" is also on that list... I'm not getting this joke. I don't want to get this joke. Perhaps you can rummage through your witty mind and create just one more smart ass topic.

- The Zoocifer -

christiana said:
elevatedmole, actually there was quite a lot of u2 fans in this forum said that they didn't like If You Wear That Velvet Dress in previous discussions... but I like it personally. :p

I'm surprised.. :eeklaugh:

I think I must have heard all of the good comments in PLEBA ;)

Zoocifer said:
Well -

I know this is all supposed to be taken lightly and it is just for giggles - but why in the world would "discotheque" be on that list? "Love is blindness" is also on that list... I'm not getting this joke. I don't want to get this joke. Perhaps you can rummage through your witty mind and create just one more smart ass topic.

- The Zoocifer -

Discotheque is just there because a lot of the general public, and even some u2 fans really seem to hate it. It's unfortunate because it's a great song.

This isn't really a joke, though i'll admit it's a little smart assed. I'm just trying to think of the U2 songs that get a lot of flack. Seemed like an interesting idea. If you don't like all the negativity, how about we pretend it's an appreciation thread for songs that are hardly at all appreciated.

I don't really see what's the big problem with saying a few songs are generally loathed. I'm not sure if there's any point to it per se, but then again there isn't any real point to a lot of the stuff that goes on here (on-topic or off-topic) either. It's just interesting.

SkeeK said:

Discotheque is just there because a lot of the general public, and even some u2 fans really seem to hate it. It's unfortunate because it's a great song.

Oh, yes! Discotheque gets more flack than most other U2 songs, in my experience. It's unfortunate, but true.

I'll take a stab at it (in no particular order):

Shadows and Tall Trees
October
Red Light
Mothers of the Disappeared
Love is Blindness
Acrobat
Daddy's Gonna Pay for Your Crashed Car
Discotheque
Miami
When I Look at the World (I know I'm going to get stuff thrown at me for this one!)

I'm such a U2 heathen. First my rants about how I hate the order of Achtung Baby, and now this. I'll be excommunicated.

paxetaurora said:
I'll take a stab at it (in no particular order):

Shadows and Tall Trees
October
Red Light
Mothers of the Disappeared
Love is Blindness
Acrobat
Daddy's Gonna Pay for Your Crashed Car
Discotheque
Miami
When I Look at the World (I know I'm going to get stuff thrown at me for this one!)

I'm such a U2 heathen. First my rants about how I hate the order of Achtung Baby, and now this. I'll be excommunicated.

Acrobat :confused: thats will find a place in my top5 U2 song

Mothers of the Disappeared :scratch: inside my top 20

When I Look at the World :confused: who told you...?

Are you sure you read the question correctly :D

Ne way that u choose a song someone will get a offended that u would want to put the song on the record, So with that in mind Im not even going to try to say what would go on the "Worst of 1980-2002"

adamswildhoney said:
Ne way that u choose a song someone will get a offended that u would want to put the song on the record, So with that in mind Im not even going to try to say what would go on the "Worst of 1980-2002"

:yes: My sentiments exactly!

That, and I feel bad putting any U2 song on any kind of "worst" list!

KhanadaRhodes said:
(my husband said that :p)

*jabs your husband with aforementioned 10 ft pole*

i really like "when i look at the world" howEVER if i were to cut one song from atyclb, that would be the choice. it fits in the context logically though. i'm happy with it.

:bono: :*weeps at this thread* *realizes he's bono* *doesn't give a damn*

I know several people who hate Stuck in a Moment, and I must admit that it is not one of my favorites......
Grrrr I LOVE quite a few of the songs that are on this list. Acrobat, Love is Blindness, and If You Wear That Velvet Dress come to mind. These are some of my favs.!!!!:sad:

My Worst Nightmare U2 Album:

Stuck In A Moment
Red Light
Even Better Than the Real Thing
Love Rescue Me
Silver and Gold
Trip Through Your Wires
New York
Miami
Paint it Black (cover)
Discotheque
Everlasting Love (cover)

hidden track: Playboy Mansion

One Tree Still said:
It's just a relative term Wertsie - the "worst" U2 is still better than most of the other stuff out there!

:cool: :yes: :cool:

That being said, I would still never listen to the album I created!!!:no:

I know...That's just me. I hate seeing the words "worst" or "bad" in connection with U2. *sigh*

Back
Top Bottom