U2: The movie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ashton Kutcher as Bono
Jaleel White as Larry
Bob Saget as Edge
The kid who played Wesley on Mr Belvedere as Adam

Ben Affleck as Paul McGuinness
Johnny Knoxville as Steve Lillywhite
Nicole Richie as Ali
The "I See Dead People" kid (Haley Joel Bonehead) as Kofi Annan
Ricky Gervais as Joe O'Herlihy
Tara Reid as Morleigh

Larry - Brad Pitt
Adam - Steven Seagal
Edge - guy from King of Queens (after he loses some weight)
Bono - Val Kilmer

Paul McGuiness - Danny DeVito
Brian Eno - guy who played villian in that terrible Lost In Space movie

david said:

Mr T as Larry
:no: you didnt just say that :lmao: I can't get the image out my head of watching a young Mr.T post the note in the hallway and then beat the crap out of the first people to look at it (adam, edge, bono), plus the note would be written in crayon. You'd see bono get thrown through a pane glass window in slow motion ,ala The A Team show

The movie outtakes to see Mr. T learn how to play drums would be more than worth the price of admission. We gotta run with this :wink:

Larry (Mr. T) confronts Adam (Johnny Depp) after the missed Sydney gig :ohmy: Lord this is too much

Can we cast Bernie Mac and Dustin Hoffman somewhere? For godsakes he was Rainman!!!

Sean Penn as Bono
Richard Gere as Edge
Jude Law as Larry
Matt Damon as Adam Clayton

Selma Blair as Ali Hewson
Anne Heche as Ann
Naomi Campbell as Naomi Campbell
Juliana Marguiles as Morleigh Steinberg

I dont want to be rude, but I cant believe that some people are taking this thread seriously.

I'm a bastard sometimes so sorry if I offend.

This is a made for TV movie right?? If so I'd like to insert Walter Brimley (the Quaker Oats guy) as Bob Hewson. He was supurb in Caccoon.

Scott Baio as Neil McCormick

I seriously cannot see a movie about U2 ever happening though. There's not enough drama in their backstory! If you look at the best movies about bands there's always something that draws you in to the story.

That's a good thing though, there's very few times if any at all when I can think of any real drama happening in the band, that we've heard about at least.

That said, they should make a spoof film (tasteful and not slanderous) about them.

Jerry Seinfeld as overly preachy annoying Bono (just using this as a caricature I dont find him overly preachy or annoying)
Bernie Mac as The Edge (might as well live up to the moniker and give the casting an "edge")
Robert Downey Jr. as Adam
Pedro Martinez's little friend as Larry

Val Kilmer as Bono
Edward Norton as The Edge
Hugh Grant as Adam
Jude Law as Larry

Selma Blair as Ali
Jennifer Connoley as Morleigh

mofo82 said:

I don't know...Mr. T would make a very convincing Larry. I say we make it where Pedro's little friend is Happy Larry and when Larry get Mad, Larry turn into Mr. T, like the Hulk. That way we can see Mr. T throw people through pane glass windows in slow motion.

Dude that is the shit! You and I should collaborate on a script and pitch it to a cool director like the guy who made the last Harry Potter film. He's cool cause his name is Alfonso.

bonosleftone said:
She's dead! Her and Rerun are not available :(

Damn... OK here are some possible choices for Rollins:

Animal from Muppet Babies
Estelle Getty
Henry Rollins (he needs the work)

I personally think Estelle Getty would play a better Henry Rollins than Henry Rollins
:wink:

bonosleftone said:

Dude that is the shit! You and I should collaborate on a script and pitch it to a cool director like the guy who made the last Harry Potter film. He's cool cause his name is Alfonso.

Like Alfonso Roberto of Silver Spoons fame!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's it -

Can we use a mirror ball Atomic Bomb that slowly enters the arena and crashes, that way Larry the Foo can save everyone inside in heroic fashion, only to exit the firey wreck as Pedro's Little Friend??? Can we, can we

mofo82 said:

Like Alfonso Roberto of Silver Spoons fame!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's it -

Can we use a mirror ball Atomic Bomb that slowly enters the arena and crashes, that way Larry the Foo can save everyone inside in heroic fashion, only to exit the firey wreck as Pedro's Little Friend??? Can we, can we

Can you say BOX OFFICE SMASH!!!???

I think we should add a little dramatic fiction to it as well and give Bono a love triangle between Ali (played by Soleil Moon Frye) and Tameka (played by Oprah).

You can handle the action, I'll handle the drama.

best Henry Rollins in my view would be one of those crash test dummies, that way we can blow him up as often as we want like Matt and Trey did to Sean Penn in World Police.

we can steal a bit from This Is Spinal Tap and make him "Combustible Henry Rollins" instead of the combustible drummer.

Back
Top Bottom