U2/The Edge In ESPN.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reggie Thee Dog

Blue Crack Addict
Found the following rant in John Buccigross's hockey column at ESPN.com today:

Emails to John Buccigross
John,

If you want to expand on anything regarding the Irish Hockey guys, you can check them out at www.IIHA.org. I have worked with them on their rink and they are trying to build several more rinks throughout Ireland, where there are only three full-time rinks right now. I sent them the link from your column and I'm sure they will enjoy it.

Pat Kelleher

Colorado Springs, Colo.

I could see a day when there is an NHL team in Dublin as part of an NHL European Division. The boards would be made of paneling and beer sales wouldn't be stopped in the third period. Bono would love the hockey. The Edge would change his name to The Inside Edge. In fact, he could buy a stake in the team and call it the Dublin Edge. Am I buggin' you? I don't mean to bug ya.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John,

As I stand here reading your weekly column on my subway ride home (Feb. 5 edition, I'm a little behind), I'm currently listening to the latest Editors album "An End Has A Start." Have you given this a listen yet? It's fantastic and yet was released this past summer with little fanfare. Reminds me of Interpol, which reminds me of that dark rock sound from the '80s. Most importantly, the guitar has some shades of The Edge, which we all know is a wonderful thing.

Ian

There is definitely an early U2 guitar sound on some of songs from the Editors' CD, especially track No. 4, "Bones." In fact, I could see the Dublin Edge taking the ice to "Bones." The latest by Editors and The Hold Steady will dominate my CD player through the Stanley Cup playoffs. And R.E.M.'s new CD "ACCELERATE," which will be released April 1.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Discuss....

Link: http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/colum...s_john&id=3253246&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab4pos1

Back
Top Bottom