U2 The B-side Collection (Opinions?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bloodysunday972

War Child
Well I got this from someone and have yet to burn it to cd but I thought about posting the tracklists for opinions.

U2
The B-Side Collection
Disc 1

Tracklist:
1. Out of Control (U23 version) [12/79] (sourced from vinyl transfer to CD-R)
2. Stories For Boys (U23 version) [12/79] (sourced from vinyl transfer to CD-R)
3. Boy-Girl (U23 version) [12/79] (sourced from vinyl transfer to CD-R)
4. Another Day (single A-side) [2/80] (sourced from vinyl transfer to CD-R)
5. Twilight (single B-side) [2/80] (single version) (sourced from vinyl transfer to CD-R)
6. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock (single A-side) [5/80] (studio version) (sourced from MARTIN HANNETT compilation CD)
7. Touch (single B-side) [5/80] (sourced from vinyl transfer to CD-R)
8. Things To Make And Do (outtake/single B-side to "A Day Without Me") [8/80] (sourced from vinyl transfer to CD-R)
9. J. Swallo (outtake/single B-side to "Fire") [7/81]
10. A Celebration (single A-side) [3/82] (vinyl transfer)
11. Trash, Trampoline And The Party Girl (single B-side) [3/82] (Best of U2:1980-1990/B-sides)
12. Treasure (Whatever Happened To Pete The Chop) (outtake/single B-side to "New Year's Day") [1/83]
13. Endless Deep (outtake/single B-side to "Sunday Bloody Sunday") [3/83] (Best of 1980-1990/B-sides)
14. Boomerang II (outtake/single B-side "Pride (In The Name Of Love)") [9/84]
15. Three Sunrises (outtake/single B-side to "The Unforgettable Fire") [4/85]
16. Love Comes Tumbing (outtake/single B-side to "The Unforgettable Fire") [4/85]
17. Bass Trap (outtake/single B-side to "The Unforgettable Fire") [4/85]
18. Boomerang I (outtake/single B-side to "Pride (In The Name Of Love)") [9/84]
19. Sixty Seconds in Kingdom Come (outtake/single B-side to "The Unforgettable Fire") [4/85] (sourced from vinyl transfer to CD-R)
20. Silver And Gold - Bono w/Keith Richards & Ron Wood (Sun City - V.A.) [__/85]
21. In A Lifetime - Bono w/Clannad (Macalla - Clannad) [__/85]
22. Heroine - The Edge w/Sinead O'Connor (Captive - O.S.T.) [__/86]

U2
The B-Side Collection
Disc 2

Tracklist:
1. Rowena's Theme - The Edge (Captive - O.S.T.) [__/86]
2. Maggie's Farm (live) (Live For Ireland - V.A.) [__/86] (CD-R from original CD source)
3. Luminous Times (Hold On To Love) (outtake/single B-side to "With Or Without You") [3/87]
4. Walk To The Water (outtake/single B-side to "With Or Without You") [3/87]
5. Spanish Eyes (outtake/single B-side to "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For") [5/87]
6. Deep In The Heart (outtake/single B-side to "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For") [5/87]
7. Silver And Gold (outtake/single B-side to "Where The Streets Have No Name") [8/87]
8. Sweetest Thing (outtake/single B-side to "Where The Streets Have No Name") [8/87]
9. Race Against Time (outtake/single B-side to "Where The Streets Have No Name") [8/87]
10. Sweet Fire of Love [U2 w/Robbie Robertson] (Robbie Robertson - Robbie Robertson) [__/87]
11. Testimony [U2 w/Robbie Robertson] (Robbie Robertson - Robbie Robertson) [__/87]
12. Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) (A Very Special Christmas - V.A.) [11/87]
13. Jesus Christ (Folkways: A Vision Shared - V.A.) [__/88]
14. Hallelujah (Here She Comes) (outtake/single B-side to "Desire") [9/88]
15. A Room At The Heartbreak Hotel (outtake/single B-side to "Angel Of Harlem") [12/88]
16. Dancing Barefoot (outtake/single B-side to "When Loves Come To Town") [4/89]
17. Unchained Melody (outtake/single B-side to "All I Want Is You") [6/89]
18. Everlasting Love (outtake/single B-side to "All I Want Is You") [6/89]

U2
The B-Side Collection
Disc 3

Tracklist:
1. God, Part II (The Hard Metal Dance Mix) (single B-side to "When Loves Come To Town") [4/89]
2. In God's Country (live) (from Excerpts from Rattle And Hum) {CD-R from original CD source}
3. Bad (live) (from Excerpts from Rattle And Hum) {CD-R from original CD source}
4. With Or Without You (live) (from Excerpts from Rattle And Hum) {CD-R from original CD source}
5. Night And Day (single A-side) (Red Hot + Blue - V.A.) [__/90]
6. Alex Descends Into Hell For A Battle Of Milk (outtake/single B-side to "The Fly") [10/22/91]
7. Lady With The Spinning Head (outtake/single B-side to "One") [3/92]
8. Satellite Of Love (outtake/single B-side to "One") [3/92]
9. Salome (outtake/single B-side to "Even Better Than The Real Thing") [6/8/92]
10. Where Did It All Go Wrong (outtake/single B-side to "Even Better Than The Real Thing") [6/8/92]
11. Paint It Black (outtake/single B-side to "Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses") [8/92]
12. Fortunate Son (outtake/single B-side to "Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses") [8/92]
13. Can't Help Falling In Love (Triple Peaks Remix) (outtake/single B-side to "Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses" (Australian limited edition CD single))
14. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses (alternate version (Temple Bar Remix)) (from "Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses") [8/92]
15. Mysterious Ways (Solar Plexus Magic Hour Remix) {sourced from CD-R of rare Japanese 3" CD single}
16. The Fly (Lounge Mix) (outtake/single B-side to "The Fly") [10/22/91]
17. Can't Help Falling In Love - Bono (Honeymoon In Vegas - O.S.T.) [__/92]

U2
The B-Side Collection
Disc 4

Tracklist:
1. Satellite of Love [U2 w/ Lou Reed] (Peace Together - V.A) [7/20/93] (CD-R from original CD source)
2. Slow Dancing (outtake/single B-side to "Stay (Faraway, So Close)") [11/23/93]
3. I've Got You Under My Skin - Bono w/Frank Sinatra (Duets - Frank Sinatra/single B-side to "Stay (Faraway, So Close)") [11/2/93]
4. In The Name Of The Father - Bono w/Gavin Friday (In The Name Of The Father - O.S.T.) [__/94]
5. Billy Boola - Bono w/Gavin Friday (In The Name Of The Father - O.S.T.) [__/94]
6. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me (single A-side) (Batman Forever - O.S.T.) [6/5/95]
7. Save The Children - Bono (Inner City Blues: The Music of Marvin Gaye - V.A.) [10/17/95]
8. Hallelujah - Bono (Tower of Song: The Songs of Leonard Cohen - V.A.) [10/95]
9. Slug (a/k/a Seibu) - Passengers (Original Soundtracks Vol. 1) [11/6/95]
10. Your Blue Room - Passengers (Original Soundtracks Vol. 1) [11/6/95]
11. Always Forever Now - Passengers (Original Soundtracks Vol. 1) [11/6/95]
12. Miss Sarajevo - Passengers (Original Soundtracks Vol. 1) [11/6/95]
13. Elvis Ate America - Passengers (Original Soundtracks Vol. 1) [11/6/95]
14. Bottoms - Passengers (outtake/single B-side to "Miss Sarajevo") [11/95]
15. Viva Davidoff - Passengers (outtake/single B-side to "Miss Sarajevo") [11/95]
16. One (live) - Passengers (live/single B-side to "Miss Sarajevo"/Together For The Children of Bosnia - V.A) [__/96]
17. Miss Sarajevo (live) - Passengers (Together For The Children of Bosnia -V.A.) [4/2/96]

U2
The B-Side Collection
Disc 5

Tracklist:
1. Theme From Mission: Impossible - Larry Mullen & Adam Clayton (Mission:Impossible - O.S.T.) [5/14/96]
2. Mission: Impossible Theme (Mission Accomplished) - Adam Clayton & Larry Mullen (Mission: Impossible - O.S.T.) [5/14/96]
3. Tomorrow - Bono & Adam Clayton (Common Ground - V.A.) [6/11/96]
4. Holy Joe (Garage Mix) (outtake/single B-side to "Discotheque") [2/97]
5. North And South Of The River (outtake/single B-side to "Staring At The Sun") [4/97]
6. Pop Muzik (outtake/single B-side to "Last Night On Earth") [7/21/97]
7. Happiness Is A Warm Gun (outtake/single B-side to "Last Night On Earth") [7/21/97]
8. I'm Not Your Baby (outtake/single B-side to "Please") [10/97]
9. Slow Dancing [U2 w/Willie Nelson] (outtake/single B-side to "If God Will Send His Angels") [12/97]
10. Two Shots Of Happy, One Shot Of Sad (outtake/single B-side to "If God Will Send His Angels") [12/97]
11. Holy Joe (Guilty Mix) (outtake/single B-side to "Discotheque") [2/97]
12. Dreaming With Tears In My Eyes - Bono (The Songs of Jimmie Rodgers: A Tribute) [8/19/97]
13. I'm Not Your Baby [U2 w/Sinead O'Connor] (The End Of Violence - O.S.T.) [9/9/97]
14. Sweetest Thing (single A-side) (Best Of U2: 1980-1990) [11/4/98]
15. New Day - Bono w/Wyclef Jean (single A-side) [9/14/99] (CD-R from original CD source)
16. Slide Away - Bono w/Michael Hutchence (Michael Hutchence - Michael Hutchence) [12/14/99]
17. The Ground Beneath Her Feet [U2 w/Daniel Lanois] (The Million Dollar Hotel - O.S.T.) [3/14/00]

U2
The B-Side Collection
Disc 6

Tracklist:
1. Never Let Me Go - Bono & the MDH Band (The Million Dollar Hotel - O.S.T.) [3/14/00]
2. Stateless (The Million Dollar Hotel - O.S.T.) [3/14/00]
3. Falling At Your Feet - Bono & Daniel Lanois (The Million Dollar Hotel - O.S.T.) [3/14/00]
4. Dancin' Shoes - Bono & the MDH Band (The Million Dollar Hotel - O.S.T.) [3/14/00]
5. Summer Rain (outtake/single B-side to "Beautiful Day") [10/9/00]
6. Always (outtake/single B-side to "Beautiful Day") [10/9/00]
7. Big Girls Are Best (outtake/single B-side to "Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of") [1/29/01]
8. Don't Take Your Guns To Town (single B-side to "Elevation") [7/01]
9. Elevation (Tomb Raider Mix) (single A-side/Tomb Raider - O.S.T.) [7/01]
10. Children Of The Revolution - Bono w/Gavin Friday & Maurice Seezer (Moulin Rouge - O.S.T.) [5/01]
11. I Remember You (live/Subday Times exclusive CD/single B-side to Australian limited edition "Elevation" CD single) [6/25/01]
12. Mofo (live from Mexico City/Hasta La Vista Baby!) [8/00]
13. Gone (live from Mexico City/Hasta La Vista Baby!) [8/00]
14. Staring At The Sun (live from Mexico City/Hasta La Vista Baby!) [8/00]
15. Please (live from Mexico City/Hasta La Vista Baby!) [8/00]
16. Discotheque (live from Mexico City/Hasta La Vista Baby!) [8/00]
17. If You Wear That Velvet Dress (live from Mexico City/single B-side to "Beautiful Day") [10/00]
18. Last Night On Earth (live from Mexico City/single B-side to "Beautiful Day" limited edition CD single) [10/00]

U2
The B-Side Collection
Disc 7

Tracklist:
1. Do They Know It's Christmas (single A-side) - Band Aid (including Bono) [11/84]
2. Sun City - Artists Against Apartheid (including Bono) (Sun City - V.A.) [__/85]
3. Purple Heart - Bono w/T-Bone Burnett (T-Bone Burnett - Talking Animals) [__/88]
4. Let The Good Times Roll - Bono w/Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder & Quincy Jones (Quincy Jones - Le Q's Juke Joint) [11/94] {CD-R from original CD source}
5. Give Me Back My Job - Bono w/Carl Perkins, Tom Petty, Johnny Cash & Willie Nelson (Carl Perkins - Go Cat Go) [10/15/96]
6. Perfect Day �7 - Bono w/Lou Reed, et al. (single A-side) [12/97] (CD-R from original CD source)
7. Lean On Me - Bono w/Kirk Franklin, et al. [9/22/98] {CD-R from original CD source}
8. She's A Mystery To Me - Roy Orbison (Roy Orbison - Mystery Girl) [__/87]
9. You Made Me The Thief Of Your Heart - Sinead O'Connor (In The Name Of The Father - O.S.T.) [__/94]
10. Goldeneye - Tina Turner (Goldeneye - O.S.T.) [11/7/95]
11. Lemon (Perfecto Mix) (single B-side to "Stay (Faraway, So Close)")
12. Two Hearts Beat As One (U.S. Remix) (single B-side to "Sunday Bloody Sunday")
13. New Year's Day (U.S. Remix) (single B-side to "Sunday Bloody Sunday")
14. Desire (Hollywood Remix) (single B-side to "Desire")
15. When Love Comes to Town (Live From The Kingdom Mix) (single B-side to "When Love Comes to Town")

U2
The B-Side Collection
Disc 8

Tracklist:
1. Stories For Boys- Live Boston '81 (B-sdie to Sweetest Thing cd single)
2. Out of Control - Live Boston '81 (B-sdie to Sweetest Thing cd single)
3. Twilight - Live Red Rocks '83 (B-sdie to Sweetest Thing cd single)
4. An Cat Dubh - Live Red Rocks '83 (B-sdie to Sweetest Thing cd single)
5. Please - Live '97 (Popheart EP)
6. Where The Streets Have No Name - Live '97 (Popheart EP)
7. With Or Without You - Live '97 (Popheart EP)
8. Staring At The Sun - Live '97 (Popheart EP)
9. If God Would Send His Angels (Grand Jury Mix) (B-side to "Mofo")
10. Mofo (Mothers Mix) (B-side to "Mofo")
11. Mofo Phunk Mix (B-side to "Mofo)
12. Elevation (Quincy & Sonace Remix) (B-side to "Elevation)
13. Elevation (Influx Remix) (B-side to "Elevation")

Most of these songs I got from Apple I tunes, since they have long been out of print. but some are rare, like the rattle and hum outtakes and satellite of live live, etc.. But a lot of them are common like Disc 8

Disc 1 is nice

If the quality is good, go for it

To really make this a B-side collection, you need to include about 27 remixes of Lemon, 13 of Elevation, and 45 of Discotheque. You're being shafted. If you don't have the ultra deep def dub reprise beats mix of Discotheque, it's not worth buying.

After more than 10 years of weeding out the ones I don't really like, my B-Sides playlist (non-album songs) is about 45 songs deep:

Another Day
11 O'Clock Tick Tock
Touch
A Celebration (Single)
Treasure (Whatever Happened to Pete the Chop)
New Year's Day (remix)
Spanish Eyes
Deep In The Heart
Silver And Gold
Sweetest Thing
Walk To The Water
Desire (Hollywood remix)
Hallelujah, Here She Comes
A Room At The Heartbreak Hotel
Dancing Barefoot
God Part II (remix)
Unchained Melody
Everlasting Love
Night And Day
The Lounge Fly Mix
Lady with the Spinning Head
Satellite Of Love
Where Did It All Go Wrong?
Salomé
Paint It Black
Fortunate Son
Can't Help Falling In Love
I've Got You Under My Skin (w/Frank Sinatra)
Slow Dancing
Dirty Day (Bitter Kiss remix)
Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me
Miss Sarajevo
GoldenEye
Pop Muzik (Radio Edit)
Happiness Is A Warm Gun
Holy Joe (Garage Mix)
North And South Of The River
Your Blue Room
Electrical Storm
Hands That Built America
Fast Cars
Love You Like Mad
Xanax and Wine
All Because Of You
Native Son

Throwing my 2 cents in with the thread I started with the 6 Set U2 Playlists.

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=109848&pagenumber=1

My B-side playlists

Set 5 – B-Sides & Rare Tracks

1. Spanish Eyes
2. Dancing Barefoot
3. Lady With The Spinning Head (extended mix)
4. Everlasting Love
5. Summer Rain
6. Luminous Times (Hold On To Love)
7. Satellite Of Love
8. Happiness Is A Warm Gun (Gun Mix)
9. Holy Joe (guilty mix)
10. North & South Of The River
11. Two Shots Of Happy, One Shot Of Sad
12. Sweetest Thing (original version)
13. I’ve Got You Under My Skin
14. Unchained Melody
15. Walk To The Water
16. Don’t Take Your Guns To Town
17. Fortunate Son
18. Big Girls Are Best
19. Hallelujah, Here She Comes

Set 6 - B-Sides & Rare Tracks

1. Levitate
2. Ground Beneath Her Feet
3. Always
4. Flower Child
5. Love You Like Mad
6. Slug
7. I’m Not Your Baby (w/ Sinead O’Connor)
8. Mercy
9. Salome
10. Paint It Black
11. Miss Sarajevo
12. Your Blue Room
13. Smile
14. Stateless
15. The Hands That Built America
16. Xanax & Wine
17. Fast Cars
18. Are You Gonna Wait Forever?
19. A Room At The Heartbreak Hotel

If you're gonna put Mofo on there, you NEED the Romin mix.

I also noticed that some of the duets are missing like "Joy" (with Jagger), "What's Going On" (Chris Martin), "New York, New York" (Ecco Homo).

Plus you don't have "That's Life".

Other than those it's pretty complete.

Last edited:
The Jools Holland version of Velvet Dress... and Craig Armstrong version of Stay are amazing too, but not listed

I like listening to B-Sides in the context of their eras, or the albums from which the singles on which they appeared came from. In other words, I like to take all the b-sides that came from a particular recording sesssion, mix them with all the tracks from that album, and make one playlist/tracklisting representing that whole era. To me it's the best way to make playlists. I'm getting an idea for a new thread...

Back
Top Bottom