U2 @ Telethon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TylerDurden

War Child
It's being reported on VH1, MTV, E! sites that U2 are apart of this big telethon thingy. (Which is not just being broadcast on all US stations, but all Aussie stations as well).

Pretty good if it's true.

Originally posted by Flag Pole Pear:
will they play one song or a set of songs?

who knows, who cares! It's post-9/11 U2! It's U2!

My guess is that they will play Stuck in a Moment. They may try Peace on Earth, but i highly doubt that, I am sure they are still practicing it for the tour(just an assumption).

I am almost certain they will not play Elevation or Beautiful Day...

Originally posted by TylerDurden:
It's being reported on VH1, MTV, E! sites that U2 are apart of this big telethon thingy. (Which is not just being broadcast on all US stations, but all Aussie stations as well).

Pretty good if it's true.

I just read on U2.com that it's TRUE.

I'd say that's a good source.

FINALLY confirmation! Thanks!
smile.gif

------------------
"Walk On, stay safe tonight"

i'd love for them to play "peace on earth", but i highly doubt they will (not enough time to rehearse). i hope they go with "walk on" instead. it's such a hopeful, uplifting song- something that people need to hear right now.

also, i hope that they are live in New York. three of them have homes in this city, and it would be a real show of solidarity if they were here.

Don't you think that they will play One? I would love to see Walk On though.

Sunday Bloody Sunday? Please? One? Stuck? There are any number of songs that could be played that would be totally appropriate given the cause. Can't wait to see what they play. Looks like I'm not going out tonight..... oh - and with the number of acts performing (sting, springsteen, tom petty, neil young) I'm sure that they'll probably only play one song since the show is only 2 hours long.

- andy

[This message has been edited by drummerboy (edited 09-21-2001).]

I recently heard on the news that they'll be releasing a benefit cd of tonight's performances as well.

Songs they could play...

"One"
"Stuck"
"Walk On"
"Peace on Earth"
"Bad"
"PRIDE"

I hope they go with "Pride".
biggrin.gif

------------------
- Achtung Bubba

September, streets capsizing,
Spilling over, down the drain

"The Taliban sound ferocious, but that is because the most dangerous place in the world in the next few weeks will be Kabul not Manhattan."
--Victor Davis Hanson

I, for one, do not think that Stuck would be an appropriate choice given this situation. For thousands of people and their loved ones, it's not just a moment and it will not pass. It's an eternity. I think they'll choose something a little more hopeful - my guess is Walk On. (Or Pride. Pride would be great.)

- andy

Back
Top Bottom