U2 take note of this!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2mixer

War Child
Is there any more proof needed that the band should cater for this majority of fans and release more live recordings?

They would make bucket loads of dosh as well getting more money to spend on equipment, studios and tours.

atu2 said:
...these survey results are an accurate statistical portrayal of U2's online fan community.

http://www.atu2.com/survey/2005/b11.html

For all those people who bitch about the setlists not changing enough and how songs like "Pride" are still being played, you might want to take note of this:

Okay, some serious commentary now, shall we? Remember back to question B1, "How long have you been a U2 fan?" - the #1 answer was 16-21 years, and when you do some math, you come up with about 60% having been fans for at least ten years.

And then you look at this, and you see that 1-2 concerts is the most popular answer. You do some math and you see that almost 70% of U2 fans have seen six concerts or less. Yet they've been fans for 10 years or more. That covers a minimum of four tours ... and if you're a fan for 16-21 years, that covers at least six tours. But you've only seen six concerts or less.

In other words, here's proof that most U2 fans see one concert per tour. Which means U2 knows exactly what it's doing with a set list that doesn't forget the popular songs like "Pride" and "Sunday Bloody Sunday" at every show. It all makes sense when you look at the numbers. Those of us who go to more than one show per tour are way deep in the minority.

That's from the poll commentary by Matt McGee. The bottom line is that most fans don't see U2 multiple trimes on a tour. There's nothing wrong with seeing a large number of shows on a tour... that's your choice. However, don't expect (and I'm gonna get crap for this) U2 to cater to the minority by having big changes in the set every night. U2 did alot for the hardcore fans by bringing back songs like "The Electric Co," "Gloria," etc.

Last edited:
I dont think its an overal view of all U2 fans

bearing in mind this is probably hardcore fans and its only 4000 people - i.e i doubt 20% of fans have a U2 ipod (i think that was the number)

Most interesting thing I seen so far (still reading) is that more people like STREETS than WOWY.

Achtung Baby all the way tho!

If I see U2(which I better), and they don't play Streets, I would be crushed.

So I think its good they do it how they do, and sometimes throw in a rare live tune.

off topic...

I'm slightly amused that the name 'STING2' was taken on Interference before 'Sting' ever was! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom