U2 SURVIVOR: Boy - Round 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveC

Blue Crack Addict
OK, here's how it works. There will be an equal number of rounds to the number of songs on any given CD. We will work chronologically through the albums all the way up to ATYCLB, starting with Boy. You get one vote per round to vote off the song you think is the weakest of the remaining songs. Eventually it gets whittled down to 1 song; this is the album's winner. After the albums are done, I may or may not do singles and B-sides, it depends on interest. The final round will include all the winners of the albums (and possibly B-sides/singles if they are done as well). This is just for fun, and use of voting strategy to save your favourite songs is highly encouraged!!! :D Also, rounds will most likely last an average of a day or two to give people a chance to vote, but to move the game along at a good pace.

And before I forget, PLEASE base your decisions on the original ALBUM VERSION of songs! Not on future re-do's or live versions!!!

Oh, and just to cover my ass and Interference's: This game nor the operators, nor the owners of this message board or anyone involved are affiliated in any way with Survivor, Mark Burnett Productions, or CBS. This is meant simply for entertainment.

Kudos and thanks to koolboee cdmo87 from the Pink Floyd & Co. message boards for the idea.

Anyways, on with the game!

Vote off one of the following:
BOY
1. I Will Follow
2. Twilight
3. An Cat Dubh
4. Into the Heart
5. Out of Control
6. Stories For Boys
7. The Ocean
8. A Day Without Me
9. Another Time, Another Place
10. The Electric Co.
11. Shadows and Tall Trees

I vote for The Ocean to be booted. Even though it's a great song, it's the weakest on the album, IMO.

damn I like games like this but its hard now, I dunno what its gonna be like when theres less songs...

The Ocean

The votes so far:

The Ocean - 6
Into the Heart - 2
An Cat Dubh - 1
Shadows and Tall Trees - 1

Keep 'em coming!! 24 hours left for this round!

How can you vote for Into The Heart? That's a great song! Its really simple, but I think really good. Indeed, its simplicity is a part of what makes it good.

Bye bye The Ocean. (Yes, that's my vote)

Last edited:
I'll vote for Shadows And Tall Trees. I can't get into that song until the 'Shadow, shadow, shadow' part. :slant:

Axver said:
How can you vote for Into The Heart? That's a great song!

I agree...but...to participate in this thread, I had to pick one. Also, we all have different tastes and personal preferences. For example, I absolutely love "Shadows and Tall Trees" and can't understand how people can vote for that. ;)

This round is closed. The winner will be posted in the new thread.

Mod, please close this as round one is over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom