U2 Sucks!!!!!!! According to This Guy.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Utoo said:
I like lasagna.

lasagna.jpg

:drool:

damn.... I AM SO HUNGRY!!!!!!!!!!:drool:

gman said:

Neither am i. I refer to.....

"Ok posers. Listen up. U2 is the worst thing to happen to rock music since disco"

and

"They are the most overrated group since The Beatles"

and

They're pretentious "

and

"They just plain suck - Bono can't sing. The Edge can't play"

and finally

"BONO and his band are so egocentric"

I merley stated, if any of this did to come to fruition, then Justin should maybe start to worry!

o·pin·ion (-pnyn)
n.
1. A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof: "The world is not run by thought, nor by imagination, but by opinion" Elizabeth Drew.
2. A judgment based on special knowledge and given by an expert: a medical opinion.
3. A judgment or estimation of the merit of a person or thing: has a low opinion of braggarts.

Justin...have you read any of the posts on this site? One does not have to traverse far across the interconnected tubes to find people who are of the presumption that "U2 sucks".

That said, let's scour the internet for everything written by anyone who doesn't like U2!! :happy:

Here's one <http://www.eurotrip.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=117559&mpage=1&key=&#118820>:

I am going to prove why U2 sucks.

The common U2 listener is but a frail consumer.
They often use excuses like "Bono helps poor people" or "U2 and Bono help make world peace"
to justify their guilt.

The naive listener will have you believe that U2's contribution to the world peace and food disparity is more than enough reason to support them, and by buying one of their albums or going to their concerts they too are 'helping'

U2, let's face it. They're a bunch of Rockstars out trying to make a name for themselves andke more money. And
as the pretencious yuppy buys his josua tree and sips his starbucks, he's really contributing to the music industry, businesses and the economy which ultimately createsthe disparity between rich and poor, ironically the opposite intention of the naive consumer.

Yes, Most rock bands are out there trying to make money, Who doesn't.
U2 however, pretend like they give a dam,when in reality they're more of a contributor to war and disparity than John Handcock buying their crap.

Here's another <http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_tours/u2_postpone_world_tour.html>:

Canadiens1160 :
LOL U2 iz sucks AM I RITE!

oh wait...something familiar about that name... :wink:

:|
OK, U2 sucks. Why didn't anyone tell me before? I have been deluded for years about them being a great band. Thanks to this guy for opening up my eyes with his fantastic arguments. Now I can finally go on living my life.

LemonMacPhisto said:

o·pin·ion (-pnyn)
n.
1. A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof: "The world is not run by thought, nor by imagination, but by opinion" Elizabeth Drew.
2. A judgment based on special knowledge and given by an expert: a medical opinion.
3. A judgment or estimation of the merit of a person or thing: has a low opinion of braggarts.

con·de·scend·ing [kon-duh-sen-ding]

–adjective
1. showing or implying a usually patronizing descent from dignity or superiority:
2. LemonMacphisto:

You got your o-pin-ion and I got mine......Cant be bothered lowering myself to picking petty squabbles....End of!!

can somebody post the link to Maddox's site here? :happy:

I can't find it right now, I'm hungry thanks to that lasagna pic so I need to get food :grumpy:

gman said:

con·de·scend·ing [kon-duh-sen-ding]

–adjective
1. showing or implying a usually patronizing descent from dignity or superiority:
2. LemonMacphisto:

You got your o-pin-ion and I got mine......Cant be bothered lowering myself to picking petty squabbles....End of!!

It could be worse, you could think another guy's opinion could come true like a genie wish.

oh wait...

My personal favorite is describing One Step Closer as the "sountrack to a coma."

Music is too subjective to think that in general one band is bad or good, like people say, a man´s rubbish can be another man´s treasure :D :shifty:

If I knew something about music I wouldn´t even dare to critizice anything. I think that Beattles are toooo boring but other person could kill me if I say that out loud, and a whole thread would be open just in order to tell how great they are, but at the end is a musical tastes discusion :shrug: no big deal :shrug:

AtomicBono said:

:love: my hero!

:happy: yes, that guy got all the facts right indeed :yes:
I love how when you read this stuff again, I just noticed, at his MD part, he actually doesn't say a word about the song.... :hmm: I wonder if he has listened to the whole album anyway... what a waste of his time!

Last edited:
The_Pac_Mule said:
I say we send him a virus that plays how to dismantle an tomic bomb and its impossible to be stopped :evil: :dance:

After we storm the castle. :wink:

BonoVoxSupastar said:

I think you're kind of sad, and you obviously don't know shit about music...

If you listened to much music you'd know everything I said is true. Why do you think so many people pick on U2's rhythm section? It's a well known fact that Adam and Larry are extremely mediocre among music fans. I also have a large grudge against Larry for IMO keeping the band's creative juices from flowing so I'm not very hesitant to speak badly of him.

And my other point was just because one of us can't play like the Edge and earn millions of dollars doesn't mean we have no room to judge.

Last edited:
shart1780 said:

If you listened to much music you'd know everything I said is true. Why do you think so many people pick on U2's rhythm section? It's a well known fact that Adam and Larry are extremely mediocre among music fans.

And my other point was just because one of us can't play like the Edge and earn millions of dollars doesn't mean we have no room to judge.

Adam may not be Flea, but he's actually a pretty knowledgable musician these days. He's been known to play "off" the rhythm of the song, or even play in a separate key, which is something a "mediocre" musician wouldn't ever do. And Larry, well Larry was actually a pretty interesting drummer up until 2000, he's had a few moments since then, but...

But my point is that music isn't about the technical prowess, it's often about the "magic" that can be created. You may be able to solo up and down the neck for 24 hours a day, but if you can't connect to the human spirit you're worthless.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

But my point is that music isn't about the technical prowess, it's often about the "magic" that can be created. You may be able to solo up and down the neck for 24 hours a day, but if you can't connect to the human spirit you're worthless.

FTW.

Back
Top Bottom