U2 still massive in UK!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
rjhbonovox said:

Yeah but why bother with a 4th single off this album? I could understand if they had some killer b-sides to put on it but to be blunt the b-sides are fuc#ing awful and have been for the past 2 albums. The single releases have just been about screwing the fans, like me, who like to own every single. In the past the singles were well worth having, all through the 80's and 90's U2's single releases were excellent even when they started with the fuc#in' remix lark in the 90's there were still plenty of good stuff on the singles to keep the fans happy. Now I buy the 3 singles in the UK and they are crap, played once and stored away. They don't seem to think about the fans anymore, regarding single releases anyway.
why bother with a 4th single from AB? why bother with a 4th from pop?

and personally i like the b-sides?

U2´s management team is ALL screwed up...and they are screwing the fans in the process.
First of all they should give what the real fans want. That is more live concerts on DVD. Rework and remix in (5.1 SORROUND-sound) the ZooRopa Tour and Popmart vhs videos into DVD.
More live concert footage. Lower priced tickets and at least two to three shows per city for all those wanting to see the show and missed them. More album releases, or at least a mini-album featuring 6 NEW songs that were shelved during the last studio recordings! Throw these out to the FANS every 9 months, like a newborn baby!! U2 is known to have LOTS of unreleased music and video-footage...so why are they waiting? For old age? For ALL their fans to die before they get to see and hear all the good stuff??
" HEY MISTER, THE GOD I Believe in doesn´t need any of your money!", that is what Bono used to say...but right now I believe they don´t have any control over their material anymore.

Max_theHitman said:
U2´s management team is ALL screwed up...and they are screwing the fans in the process.
First of all they should give what the real fans want. That is more live concerts on DVD. Rework and remix in (5.1 SORROUND-sound) the ZooRopa Tour and Popmart vhs videos into DVD.
More live concert footage. Lower priced tickets and at least two to three shows per city for all those wanting to see the show and missed them. More album releases, or at least a mini-album featuring 6 NEW songs that were shelved during the last studio recordings! Throw these out to the FANS every 9 months, like a newborn baby!! U2 is known to have LOTS of unreleased music and video-footage...so why are they waiting? For old age? For ALL their fans to die before they get to see and hear all the good stuff??
" HEY MISTER, THE GOD I Believe in doesn´t need any of your money!", that is what Bono used to say...but right now I believe they don´t have any control over their material anymore.

Therein is my point. If they have new material, unfinished songs or whatever then release them on b-sides thus making single releases worthwhile. But for Christs sake, stop putting out singles with fuc# all for the fans that is worth buying. Instead of trying to appeal to the chart kids that they once were so wanting to get rid of, try to make the true fans more happy with decent frigging single releases. And I agree about them DVD releases as well, Popmart & Zoo TV should have been released years ago.

Also the 4th single from Pop had the SUPERB "I'm Not Your Baby- skysplitter dub" which was WORTH buying the single for, Please was the single. That version of that song is better than the shithead O'connor vocal version!:wink:

Back
Top Bottom