U2 starve or overload?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blood red edge

The Fly
This is kind of silly, but I was just wondering if any of you do this before a concert. Do you

A) Never listen to U2, then when you get to the concert, you're excited to hear U2 music and even better- it's live

or do you

B) Listen to U2 24-7 because you are so excited to go to the concert?

I was thinking of not reading any of the set lists so when I got to see the show everything would be a surprise. But I doubt if I could contain myself.

------------------
Imagine
//oo\\

http://eliv8.fws1.com/

always overload personally, can't get enough U2 before a show. As soon as I'm sure the tix are mine its U2 24/7 until the day

biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Eliv8:
I was thinking of not reading any of the set lists so when I got to see the show everything would be a surprise. But I doubt if I could contain myself.

I did this last time. BUT it's not really that much of a surprise, you know? And now I sorta wish I had kept up with it to know what shows got treats etc. It's hard to do too because you'll get emails or see posts with the song titles in the headers.

------------------
"Today we're going to do something healthy," Adam announces in his curiously posh drawl, unfolding his deckchair and removing his T-shirt. "We're going to watch other people exercise."

"Sorry we couldn't sell these seats up here, 'cuz you couldn't get a view of Larry's arse, and we all know that's why you're here" Bono, Pittsburg Elevation
*shake it shake it shake it tamale*
Take Me Higher

I won't be looking at the setlists from the new legs before the show. It shouldn't be too hard since I'm going to the 3rd show of the leg.

As far as the starve or overload... I probably tend a little more toward overload.

Originally posted by SkeeK:
I won't be looking at the setlists from the new legs before the show. It shouldn't be too hard since I'm going to the 3rd show of the leg.

As far as the starve or overload... I probably tend a little more toward overload.

Yep. No looking at setlists for me too. The only thing I regreted about the 1st leg is that I knew what song was coming next. I don't think the setlist will be that different, but I'm hoping for a couple suprises!

BTW, total overload. But it won't be any different than normal. I'm always on a U2 overload!

------------------
This place is too addicting.

Hi All! happy Saturday!

My general routine is to overload once I get tickets to pump me up enough to last until the show I am going to (Vegas). And like a week or 2 before the concert, I taper down and listen to something else or nothing at all.

------------------
Here's to the few who forgive what you do
and the fewer who don't even care
--Leonard Cohen

Originally posted by Eliv8:

i did this first leg and it was so hard. i so wanted to look for the two months before my first show but i managed to not give in. i went into montreal #1 not wondering if refugee might be played-who knows?(i wasn't really expecting it) but when they started Discotheque i was pretty damn excited.

------------------
i'm a reasonable man
get off my case

During the first leg I wasn't into interference, but I had red a few set lists, but I didn't remember all that much. As for starve or overload, like Mikal, I'm always on a U2 overload, so nothing's really going to change.

BTW, thanks all for replying to my post, one of my biggest fears is that my post go straight down to the bottom w/ no replies.

Originally posted by blood red edge:
During the first leg I wasn't into interference, but I had red a few set lists, but I didn't remember all that much. As for starve or overload, like Mikal, I'm always on a U2 overload, so nothing's really going to change.

BTW, thanks all for replying to my post, one of my biggest fears is that my post go straight down to the bottom w/ no replies.

no problem! If my thread drops with no replies I usually reply to it myself!

------------------
This place is too addicting.

I couldn?t go one, let alone two months without looking at the set list.

Hopefully they will pull out a few surprises/special guests for the last few shows.

------------------
Imagine
//oo\\

http://eliv8.fws1.com/

I listen to lots of music from whatever artist I'm going to see in the days leading up to the concert. And I always have a tape playing in my car as I'm driving to the concert.

As for checking setlist, I can never keep myself from looking, and then I regret looking at it once I go to the concert because then I'm not surprised when the song starts. Nothing like being shocked when they play some song that you didn't expect. At least U2 does change their setlists around somewhat, and during Bruce Springsteen's 1999-2000 tour his setlists were way different each night, so it didn't matter if I looked at the setlists, but for other people who don't change their setlist like Madonna or Janet Jackson I regretted looking at the setlist beforehand.

Back
Top Bottom