U2 Stadium Anthems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phillyfan26

Blue Crack Supplier
Imagine you are at a sporting event. What U2 songs would you put on the setlist for in-stadium music?

all because of you and city of blinding lights are often played as football ( soccer ) events in uk, almost always played when i see it on Tv or go myself.

didnt derby county used to come out to a live version of streets? when John Gregory was in charge?

am sure they did but could be wrong

Pride (In The Name Of Love)
With Or Without You
Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
Sunday Bloody Sunday
All I Want Is You
Where The Streets Have No Name
The Fly
Gone
Until The Of The World
One
Even Better Than The Real Thing
Mofo
Beautiful Day
Vertigo
Elevation
Stuck In A Moment You Can’t Get Out Of
Walk On
Bullet The Blue Sky
All Because Of You

They sound good to me in wide open stadiums anyway.

Last edited:
Seattle Mariners' former player Bret Boone used "Elevation" in 2001 as his "coming up to bat song", and "Vertigo" last year.

At my swimming finals meet they started playing Vertigo when they announced my name (sheer coincidence). Needless to say it got me pumped. Also Elevation was playing during a Packer game I went to.

In previous years the Montreal Canadiens would be hit the ice for the pre-game warmup and introductions at the start of the game with Where the Streets have no Name.

This year for some games they used City of Blinding lights at the start and also a loop of the outro to Coldplay's Fix You.

After each and every Canadiens goal they would play Vertigo. That was cool because you'd be pumped about the goal and singing :"Hello,Hello!" at the same time!

I asked because I do music for a baseball field near my home and I do primarily U2 (to the joy of the adults and the boredom of the kids). These are the main songs I used:

Where the Streets Have No Name
Until the End of the World
Vertigo
Electric Co.
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Like a Song
Bullet the Blue Sky (both JT and RAH versions)
Exit
Discotheque (Best of mix)
HMTMKMKM
Elevation
Two Hearts Beat as One
Love and Peace or Else

I would throw several wild cards in every night. Rarely would it be a slower song, but I threw SYCMIOYO once.

I played other things too, and the favorite of the kids was Crazy Train by Ozzy, oddly enough. They also enjoyed Kashmir by Led Zepplin, a personal favorite of mine.

I don't own Pop, but if I did I probably would have used Mofo too.

In my local basketball arena they play a live version of Where the streets have no name at the end of the games...

It's fantastic to go home after your team has won listening to Streets...

At Gillette Stadium they blast Elevation every time the Patriots score...so that's pretty awesome.

At Vancouver Canucks games, their warmup song is always streets, then when they score a goal it's elevation and vertigo, and between plays, they almost always play desire and helter skelter

Back
Top Bottom