U2 sound alike song: chorus: "we will still need a song, ...to carry our love away..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trevor

Babyface
U2 sound alike song: chorus: "we will still need a song, ...to carry our love away..

Wow,
just heard this song on the radio- chorus line goes something like this "we will still need a song, ...to carry our love away, to carry away..." Sounds soooooo U2ish. As a diehard fan, i instantly knew it wasn't them, but still. the vocals are very Bono sounding, and the guitar is Edge style. Almost a cross between modern day U2 and early 80s U2 songs such as " A day without me".

Re: U2 sound alike song: chorus: "we will still need a song, ...to carry our love away..

Trevor said:
Wow,
just heard this song on the radio- chorus line goes something like this "we will still need a song, ...to carry our love away, to carry away..." Sounds soooooo U2ish. As a diehard fan, i instantly knew it wasn't them, but still. the vocals are very Bono sounding, and the guitar is Edge style. Almost a cross between modern day U2 and early 80s U2 songs such as " A day without me".

Funny you should say that. Hawksley was on 102.1 The Edge ( a radio station in Toronto) and was quoted as saying he listened extensively to the Joshua Tree during the making of this album. He mentioned something about wanting to write "epic" songs, or something like that. I guess he did a pretty good job ;)

BTW, I have the album, and it's pretty good...in case you were interested.

I love that song. A friend told me that he was getting compared to U2; I noticed the Edge-style guitar in that song too. The song has a good video to go with it too. He's running around town stealing musical instruments.

I'm going to see Hawksley Workman in concert on the 17th. :hyper:

I think I just heard this song, too. I kept listening thinking... "it's almost U2, whoever it is, it's close, but it's not them, who is this?" and of course they didn't say who it was..... and it was on 99.9 out of TO, now i'll have to be on the lookout. I've been talking about it for days!

Back
Top Bottom