U2 Songs That Many People Seem to Dislike

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Of these repeat offender songs, which one is your least favorite?

• Red Light

Votes: 29 24.2%
  • Elvis Presley and America

Votes: 24 20.0%
  • Love is Blindness

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • When I Look at the World

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Discotheque

Votes: 12 10.0%
  • Miami

Votes: 27 22.5%
  • Van Diemen's Land

Votes: 11 9.2%
  • If You Wear That Velvet Dress

Votes: 5 4.2%

• Total voters
Stateless Rawks

z edge said:

Stateless :barf::barf:is an awesome song if you want U2 to go the direction of Barry Manilow or Air Supply.

Paint it Black actually rocked a bit, not a bad b-side cover:up:

and Van Diemen's Land was a very sweet moving traditional sounding little song. Special because it was sung by Edge and it's rare he ever sings like that.

If you don't like Van Diemens Land, your ears must be broken:yes:

:lol: nope not broken :cool:

out of the choices given I liked VDL the least :tongue: poor Edge's low voice doesn't do it for me the way Bono's does!
Stateless wasn't even a choice so it doesn't matter :wink:

besides it's a beautiful song
ani_smiles.gif

Love Is Blindness, Van Diemens Land and When I Look At The World?! Man, think you forgot Where The Streets Have No Name, what a shite song, always kills the shows live too, I usually go take a leak when I hear that one coming:scratch:

lazyboy said:
Love Is Blindness, Van Diemens Land and When I Look At The World?! Man, think you forgot Where The Streets Have No Name, what a shite song, always kills the shows live too, I usually go take a leak when I hear that one coming:scratch:

Yep... when I see red, I skip to the loo...

;)

(Of course, "red' referring to the infamous backdrop of "Streets")

Last edited:
Desire4Bono said:

Well, duh, isn't that what this thread is all about? I didn't see anyone else add "IMO" I thought it was taken for granted we would all be expressing our opinions here.

True enough. I guess I just overreacted. Maybe it was because no one else called songs they disliked "dumb, dumb, dumb." But it's this whole thread that bugs me, not just you're post.

"some days are better than others" simply drives me to bang my head against the wall. If I could, I would burn it off of the Zooropa disk. I do like some throwaway songs but this one is ridiculous......yes we all feel that way sometimes but geeezzzz!:huh:

the only one on the poll I dislike is Van Diemen's Land...all the rest I love!! Love is Blindness gives me goosebumps....

But add to that list: Babyface, Sweetest Thing and Elvis ate America. :scream: I have never warmed up to those, and probably never will. And I even like the Wanderer! ;)

I figure, of all the songs U2 has ever done, if I only dislike half a dozen or less, those are some pretty good odds....I can't think of another group who I've felt has been so consistently great in their songwriting! :heart:

I agree with DocWho....Trip Through Your Wires is a disgrace to U2!....every time i hear it, it makes me want to vomit.....and then vomit again!!! i'd rather be tied to a chair and forced to listen to the 'macarena' on repeat for a month straight then listen to that putrid so-called "song" once through!

wertsie said:

:( This seems to have happened with a lot of people.

These types of threads make me sad...

I was watching the CNN worldbeat show I'd taped a while ago and Bono said that Pop went to #1 in 21 countries (could have been 26, i forgot to write it down) and that no other album to date had done that well. They are not ashamed of what they did- taking risks are always a good thing, and I support them and Pop :up:

oliveu2cm said:

I was watching the CNN worldbeat show I'd taped a while ago and Bono said that Pop went to #1 in 21 countries (could have been 26, i forgot to write it down) and that no other album to date had done that well. They are not ashamed of what they did- taking risks are always a good thing, and I support them and Pop :up:

Hell yes. :yes:

Come on. This thread was healthy. No one should feel compelled to like every damn song U2 has ever done.

AND I STILL HATE LOVE IS BLINDNESS, TOO.

Back
Top Bottom