U2 Songs most hated by Interferencers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pub crawler

New Yorker
Interferencers sometimes open up and express their loathing of certain U2 songs. Here are some songs that I have seen take a beating over this last year:

Boy: ?

October: I Threw A Brick Through a Window

War: Two Hearts Beat as One (some people ridicule this song and I'll never understand why)

The Unforgettable Fire: ?

The Joshua Tree: In God's Country (only a few hate this one), Trip Through Your Wires

Rattle and Hum: All Along the Watchtower

Achtung Baby: Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses

Zooropa: Numb, The Wanderer

Pop: Miami, Velvet Dress

ATYCLB: Grace, New York (people either love it or hate it)

Boy: Love them all

October: None I hate

War: Hmmm... So far no

The Unforgettable Fire: Love them all

The Joshua Tree: In God's Country, Trip Through Your Wires. Um both of these songs rock. The whole album is awesome

Rattle and Hum: Ok so I dont like much of rattle and Hum except for Desire, All I want is You, Silver and Gold, Pride, Bullet and ISHFWILF of course, Angel of Harlem and God Part II.

Achtung Baby: Love them all

Zooropa: The Wanderer I used to hate, but I got used to it.

Pop: Cant say that I hate any of them.

ATYCLB: Grace I could do without.

biggrincomputA.gif

------------------
Here Today
Gone Tomorrow....
Always

Sicy's Website

I didn't like Bullet The Blue Sky until I heard the live version!(All 4 of them)

------------------
The purple rabbits say "hello".

Oh yeah! I forgot!

Red Light sucks!

------------------
The purple rabbits say "hello".

Boy/October/War I'm all cool with!
wink.gif

UF - I don't like The "UF"
frown.gif

JT - Love them all! (well, TTYW is eh, to me)

R&H - AATW

AB - I love every one of these songs a lot!
smile.gif

Zooropa - Love them all! Even the Wanderer! LOL

POP - LOVE THEM ALL except MIAMI!

ATYCLB - Um... New York!! Yeah uh..Grace... Wild Honey! (sorry I don't like that song) and uh... that is it! Other than that I love them all! LOL

------------------
~*Everybody's talkin' about POP Musik!*~

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica* .???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

[This message has been edited by SweetOnU2 (edited 09-19-2001).]

Boy - Shadows and tall trees. Can't stand it, like the demo version of it though.

October - Scarlet

War - The refugee

TUF - Elvis Presley & America (yech). Waste of album space

JT - There are no bad JT tracks. Even though it's a single I loath Sweetest Thing.

R & H - Angel of Harlem because it's been played to death accoustically.

AB - Trying to throw your arms around the world since they played it live so much and it's boring.

Zooropa - Babyface, I just don't like it.

Pop - Playboy Mansion, see above.

ATYCLB - Peace on Earth and Grace. The ground beneath her feet should have been the last track. Grace just puts me to sleep.

Originally posted by Muad'zin:

TUF - Elvis Presley & America (yech). Waste of album space

redface.gif
*Hold back the urge to flame you*
redface.gif

That song ROCKS!
tongue.gif

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
~*Everybody's talkin' about POP Musik!*~

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica* .???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

I completely HATE the studio version of "Bad"

Also the studio version of "BTBS" is not very appreciated...

------------------
beLIEve

Boy - They're all really good, and considering it's their debut album, I wouldn't change a thing (although Bono's voice is interesting in some of them)

October - Fire doesn't do much for me either

War - Red Light, and I have to admit that I don't really like Seconds (I don't hate it, either)

UF - Like them all

Joshua Tree - Trip Through Your Wires annoys me

Rattle and Hum - Heartland (I find it boring)

Achtung Baby - Love em all

Zooropa - I have to be in the right mood to listen to Daddy's Gonna Pay...

Pop - I actually like all the songs on this

ATYCLB - Love em all

[This message has been edited by Diemen (edited 09-19-2001).]

I love 'em all, though there are a couple that I grew to love with time (not a very long time though!).
smile.gif

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

I don't hate any U2-song, but I don't really like Miami, Red Light, Refugee and a few others.

"When I Look At The World"

"When you look at the world, what is it that you see?"

I don't know Bono, I've already fallen asleep out of sheer boredom and to escape the mediocrity of this song.
eek.gif
rolleyes.gif

But nothing approaches the sheer terror and agony that is listening to "Red Light". The first time I listened to it, I skipped to the next track the moment I heard the backing singers.

[This message has been edited by DoctorGonzo (edited 09-19-2001).]

Originally posted by DoctorGonzo:
"When I Look At The World"

"When you look at the world, what is it that you see?"

I don't know Bono, I've already fallen asleep out of sheer boredom and to escape the mediocrity of this song.
eek.gif
rolleyes.gif

But nothing approaches the sheer terror and agony that is listening to "Red Light". The first time I listened to it, I skipped to the next track the moment I heard the backing singers.

[This message has been edited by DoctorGonzo (edited 09-19-2001).]

ROTFLMAO!! Doc, I agree completely.

------------------
...a highway with no one on it, a treasure just to look upon it...

"The skeletal structure of your foot is not normal." -- my podiatrist 8-6-01

This thread makes me sad. So many of my favourite songs.... *sigh*

If I had to choose, perhaps Wanderer, perhaps Grace. Most skipped over song for me... When Love Comes to Town. But I still like all those tunes. I am very indecisive, yes.

I always skip Grace. In my warped mind, All That You Can't Leave Behind ends with a kick ass tune--> New York.

------------------
outta my brain on the 5:15

[This message has been edited by ~LadyLemon~ (edited 09-19-2001).]

The usual jump-on-the-bandwagon choice is Red Light. Why, I don't know. No one ever gives a good reason. What's so terrible about the backing singers? When Love Comes to Town has female backing singers. I think I like Red Light better. Hardly their best song, but I'd rather listen to it than several others. My choices are Discotheque and Mofo. And Playboy Mansion, the most pointless song ever recorded by U2. And of course I can't overlook Numb.

*scatteroflight wonders how many people hate her guts now*

------------------
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned

-W.B. Yeats

[This message has been edited by scatteroflight (edited 09-19-2001).]

Boy - Shadows and Tall Trees
October - I Threw a Brick Through a Window
War - The Refugee
UF - Indian Summer Sky
JT - none
R&H - All Along The Watchtower
AB - none
Zooropa - none
Pop - none
ATYCLB - none

Come on everybody, we are missing the song which is easily the WORST, most INANE and CRINGEWORTHY song ever penned by the Dublin quartet...

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

True torture.

Originally posted by scatteroflight:
The usual jump-on-the-bandwagon choice is Red Light. Why, I don't know. No one ever gives a good reason. What's so terrible about the backing singers? When Love Comes to Town has female backing singers. I think I like Red Light better. Hardly their best song, but I'd rather listen to it than several others. My choices are Discotheque and Mofo. And Playboy Mansion, the most pointless song ever recorded by U2. And of course I can't overlook Numb.

*scatteroflight wonders how many people hate her guts now*

I don't hate you, I admire you for having the guts to say it! I can't understand how those POP songs are so popular here, I have never met anyone in real life who can stand them! Discoteque, MOFO, Miami, and Playboy Mansion are not only the worst U2 songs I ever heard they are among some of the worst overall. They really suck. I realize there are a disproportionate number of POP fans on this forum compared to U2 fans as a whole, and the type who defend it are the type to flame and say things like 'you die' but you know what? I really don't give a shit. POP sucks, and someone needs to stand up like the kid in the Emperor's New Clothes and say it. If I don't speak for the forum here I speak for many, many good U2 fans who agree who I know but do not have the time or the interest to sit here and rock this forum the way we do. Their voice needs to be heard, even if it has to from Gypsy, the POP-hating pariah of Interference.

BTW, I agree with you on the WAR songs too. I would also like to add Daddy's Gonna Pay, Mothers of the Disappeared and Exit to be fair and honest. I am and always have been deeply in love with The Joshua Tree,and believe it is among the greatest albums of all time, I just don't like those last two so I skip them! No, I do not think this is blasphemy. You don't like everything your spouse, friends, or relatives do, now do you? So why should you kiss the ass of a rock band by pretending to like everything they do? No one likes everything! This all being said, I feel I am no less a fan, as a matter of fact, I have been a fan for 20 years and am probably a better, more emotionally attached, and devoted fan than most of you.

Beatles' songs I hate-
Oh Darling!
She's a Woman
Come Together
Bungalow Bill

This could happen with any band. We could all make a list. Everybody digs different things, so don't flame me for expressing my opinion. That's what we all have done here.

---------------------------------------------
"I've been all over, and it's been all over me!"

Originally posted by GypsyHeartgirl:
I don't hate you, I admire you for having the guts to say it! I can't understand how those POP songs are so popular here, I have never met anyone in real life who can stand them! Discoteque, MOFO, Miami, and Playboy Mansion are not only the worst U2 songs I ever heard they are among some of the worst overall. They really suck. I realize there are a disproportionate number of POP fans on this forum compared to U2 fans as a whole, and the type who defend it are the type to flame and say things like 'you die' but you know what? I really don't give a shit. POP sucks, and someone needs to stand up like the kid in the Emperor's New Clothes and say it. If I don't speak for the forum here I speak for many, many good U2 fans who agree who I know but do not have the time or the interest to sit here and rock this forum the way we do. Their voice needs to be heard, even if it has to from Gypsy, the POP-hating pariah of Interference.

It just goes to show... even those that seem so intelligent can be so dumb in reality
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom