u2 Songs-How Many Times?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blm

New Yorker
What is the song (s) you've listened to the most, and ABOUT how many times?

I know this is probably a stupid question for many, but let's not be TOO nasty if you choose to answer.

YEAH- stupid question
there, i officially said it.

:der: :eyebrow:

I don't have a clue since I don't use itunes usually.... but the only thing I used itunes for is my WITS record.... 888 times, CONSECUTIVELY :wink:

total of wits plays, 999

Bad, undoubtedly, I've got countless versions and sometimes listen to several of them, several times a day, I couldn't even begin to give any kind of figure, knowing for sure would probably scare me too much anyway. What can I say, its an addiction. :shrug:

I think Pride, With or Without You and Sunday Bloody Sunday are the songs I heard most in my life. Because these songs are from the 80's, I listened to these songs ever since I was a little kid.

I guess by now I've heard these songs at least a 1.000 times.

I've been a U2 diehard since about 95, and up until 03 I reckon I'd listened to at least 2 U2 songs everyday, sometimes I'd listen to one song upto 20 odd times a day, sad I know....

I reckon my listwould be

Bad (live) WAIA

One Tree Hill

The Fly

Where The Streets

Pride

Even Better Than The Real Thing

Stay

Red Hill Mining Town

Night and Day

An Cat Dubh

The Wanderer

Zooropa

SO Cruel

Love IS Blindness

All I Want Is You

The Unforgettable Fire

Tomorrow

Gloria

I forgot to say my most listened to would be
(too many times to know)
WOWY
Ultraviolet
All i want is you transitioned into Streets from U2 Go Home Slane Video(that awesome wail.......:drool: )
Yahweh
Unforgettable Fire and Joshua Tree - all
oh, forget it.... I listen to U2 every day, and I have since the early 80's. Their sound and Bono's voice nourish my soul. :drool: :drool:

My most played U2 songs at the moment, I think:

Mercy
Original of The Species (Single Version)
Kite (Window In The Skies B-side)

My iPod broke down a while back so I don't have any accurate figure unfortunately.

I dont know wat my most listened tune would be.........but watever it is.........i rekon its been listened to many thousands of times over the years.

My top 5 most played:

1. Zooropa - 180
2. Acrobat - 165
3. Ultraviolet (live at Dublin) - 144
4. Mofo - 143
5. Levitate - 142

Mines Bad (album version)... followed by about five different live versions of...yep, you guessed it, Bad. :D

Also WGRYWH, Promenade,... (awesome headphone song), RTSS, various live versions of Streets (esp Slane), and BD from Melbourne 1 (an embarressing amount of times) because Bono's voice soars and I get such a kick out of hearing his references to Melbourne and MPH... lol.

Wow all you people with iTunes who can actually track the # of plays make my teeth itch.

Mine is probably Streets, though I suppose it could be SBS because I started liking U2 then so I've had a few more years with SBS than with newer songs.

I like listening to whole albums instead of single songs, so my top 10 is all Joshua Tree tracks, with Beautiful Day, City of Blinding Lights, and Lemon mixed in there. My top song is Streets with 67 plays. Yeah, that's actually embarrassingly low compared to the rest of you, I've only had an iPod since last December. I'd like to also note that all the songs in my top 10 are almost unlistenable to me by now due to overplaying.

According to Last.FM my top five are:

1. Zooropa - 55
2. Slow Dancing - 52
3. Gone - 51
4. Running to Stand Still - 48
5. So Cruel - 47

BUT. Of these, I've probably listened to Running to Stand Still the most, considering the live ZooTV Sydney version is my most played live track at 28 plays. Plus all the times I've watched the DVD version, etc.

Not on my laptop now, nor have I repopulated my itunes or synced my ipod since I wiped/reinstalled everything in March, but I'd guess in the 6 months before March it was So Cruel and since then it's probably either Stay or A Sort of Homecoming. I'd assume low triple digit counts but will check when I reinstall iTunes/sync it all back up next week.

I've probably listened to God Part II like 400+ times.
Zoo Station probably around 200.

I have a lot of time to listen to music, those aren't my top tracks. :|
Can't know for sure because my iTunes fucks itself randomly and wipes the library but I'm sure I'm in the ballpark.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom