U2 songs EVERYONE loves but you CANNOT HATE MORE?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The OOTS said:
Discotheque.
Bleck.

I was playing Pop yesterday and I was struck by just how second rate and inferior that song is. I can't say I enjoy the studio version much at all. Can't believe that was released as a single.

The live version, however, especially at Sarajevo ... :drool:

Last edited:
Don't know if these songs qualify as massive U2 songs, but heaps of people seem to like them.
i don't.

Lemon (slowly getting used to it now, but i just don't really like falsettos)
If you wear that velvet dress
Grace
Mofo (Lyrics are pretty cool, but i guess thats not really my sort of song musically. i do respect them for going that far from what people expected of them though)

Stuck in a moment you can't get out of is kind of on that list, but the acoustic version has started me liking it a bit more. The main thing i hate about this song is the title... Why did they make it so long? I would have been a lot happier if it were just called Stuck in a moment. does anyone know if there is a reason for such a long title, or did they just feel like making a stupidly long title for no reason?

...nothing changes on New Years Da-heyyyy!!!

I'm so sick of it. IMO hugely overrated and the chorus irritates me very much. Only because it's dedicated to my country I don't have to love it! I know this is one of U2's biggest hits but they should put it in a rotation on this tour. It sounds always the same live! Never changes...

Discoteque(video far more entertaining than this song)
Lemon (whats going on during this song)
Numb(oh dear!)
Sweetest thing(most awful thing)

Well, I guess this thread proves that our tastes are mostly in our mouths! :D

Seriously though, the wide variety of opinions proves that everyone sees the world slighty differently, if nothing else...

I admit that I like all their "hits"-- I have become *slighty* bored with 'One' and 'Pride' for some reason or other.

The only U2 song I don't like(despite massive effort on my part ) is 'Playboy Mansion'...and I still play it 9 times out of ten when I'm listening to 'Pop'!

I seem to have a problem with the way Bono sings the words "Meeeerickuhhllll Drahhhg" in "Miracle Drug." Am I the only one on this?

This song is a let down after Vertigo. It screws up the sequence. It should not be the 2nd song on the album.

Last edited:
as I see, 90% of people don't like 'elevation', so this song shouldn't be metioned in that thread :D maybe, for other 10% it would be useful to make thread "U2 songs EVERYONE hates but you CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT":wink: :D

Most of all I hate Even Better Than The Real Thing but I love Trying to throw your arms around the world (not really fitting in with everyones views)
Elevation(actually much better live than on record but still!)
Discotheque
Desire
Pride (live, such a good song on record but they never have the delay effect on the guitar in concert)
Love and Peace
To be honest I only really like Beautiful Day, Walk On and Stuck of ATYCLB. The rest are OK I would never sit and listen to them.

Back
Top Bottom