U2 songs EVERYONE loves but you CANNOT HATE MORE?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
To me, listening to Mysterious Ways is tantamount to chewing on a piece of tin foil.

A girl I used to know that regularly got on my nerves used to sing it all the time, especially the "on your knees boy" part. It drove me NUTS!!! It didn't help either that her voice sounded like an ambulance.

Maybe it's just me.

i still havent found 'what it is' in 'still have found what im looking for' -
this song just :mad:'s me

pride because of its repition

one is over-ratead

and much more recently, vertigo is the worst song on htdaab

Hate none..........and with hearing in only one ear, I can pick up on a U2 song playing when NOBODY else can even hear any music playing...I think it has something to do with Bono's rather unique and wonderful voice. Guess all this would make me somewhat of a "U2 Junkie", ah:wink:

Last edited:
Axver said:
I swear I never expected anyone to agree with me, either on the One count (tourist) or the Beatles count (MsMofoGone).

I enjoy it live, but I cannot stand the studio version.

I really dislike One. I never liked it when it came out and stilll do not like it. Its just such crap song to close of the encores or show with. There are just no decent parts to sing along with. Whereas With or Without you, its just made to have a whole stadium scream along with. To bad they fucked it up, WOWY nowadays sounds so stale and only when the audience comes in for the whoohoo parts does it recapture some its former glory.

I also don't get the obsession some members have with the new songs that haven't been played like Crumbs and Original of the species. To me anything on the new album between All because of you and Yahweh gets skipped. First half, decent to good rock album, 2nd half, filler, miscelleneous B-sides and other leftovers

studio version of Sunday Bloody Sunday is the only one that comes close to qualifying for me

Zootlesque said:

:lmao:

I wish there was an emoticon for :nerd: like on yahoo msgr.

One of my personal favorites...
nerd.gif

nerds! :heart:

Stuck (terrible)
Elevation (even worse)
Mysterious Ways (never liked it)
Vertigo (grating on my nerves)
Two Hearts Beat As One (fluff)
When Love Comes To Town (shit sandwich)

I wish those songs could be put on a rocketship and launched into space.

Wow, the last time I posted that I didn't like the Beatles, I got flamed. Now people are coming out and agreeing with me? Wow.

Axver said:
Wow, the last time I posted that I didn't like the Beatles, I got flamed. Now people are coming out and agreeing with me? Wow.
i must've missed that post, because i would've agreed with you then too.

that's one good thing about there not being a classic rock station in town anymore, i don't have to hear the obligatory "we have to play the beatles because they're the best band ever, right?" song every hour, on the hour. :|

although now i have to bring my cds to work which means every 45-60 minutes i have to stop what i'm doing and change cds until i can get around to figuring how my satellite radio works. :mad:

Beautiful Day. I don't hate it, but I don't get all the fuss about it.
And... when I hear 20000 fans who-hooin' on the Anaheim bootleg (oh, the horror), I understand Elevation is on this list too.

Hmmmm... I guess I'm the only one on the planet who hates 'the sweetest thing' I actually get physically Nauseous from that song. :yuck:

Never understood the fuss over Mysterious ways, either :shrug:

Sad_Girl said:
Hmmmm... I guess I'm the only one on the planet who hates 'the sweetest thing' I actually get physically Nauseous from that song. :yuck:

I don't like The Sweetest Thing much but I wouldn't say I hate it. However, its video is something that everyone loves but I hate! I can't stand it! Bono and Ali both look terrible in it, that's the worst I've ever seen her look and close to the worst for him (muscle shirt and bald pics being rock bottom) The firemen annoy me. I don't think it's funny or cute (well, maybe the doggie puppet)

Speaking of nauseousness, DYFL makes me feel that way (as does Please, but to a lesser extent)

Back
Top Bottom