U2 songs EVERYONE loves but you CANNOT HATE MORE?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Acrobat_Al said:
When love Comes to Town
Happiness is a warm gun

I hate those two!!

The Beatles' 'Happiness' is great. U2's though. :( I just can't stand Bono stuttering the lyrics out ("happiness is uh, a wa-urm guun").

I'd have to say these are the only two songs (Your Blue Room might be there too) - that I won't listen to...

I don't *hate* any U2 songs and I honestly never tire of the others - but I'd have to agree with you here... These two/three just don't cut it for me (but admittedly, they're not hits...)

Last edited:
barlowdog said:
Stuck in a Moment. Ugh!!! and the U.S. version video sucked, too.

I HATED the video too (but I like the acoustic version of Stuck)!!!

I watched it and couldn't help thinking about how lame it seemed. :)

schnazdoodle said:
I'd have to say these are the only two songs (Your Blue Room might be there too) - that I won't listen to...
what do you have against your blue room? i'm not trying to be an ass, i've just never heard anyone badmouth it before

it's so sexy... :drool: :combust:

snutes1 said:
A song that everyone loves but that I hate is...............

SOMETIMES YOU CANT MAKE IT ON YOUR OWN.:reject:

Heard it on the radio today. I had given the song a break for a while and so liked it when it came on today. Was actually singing along. :wink:

Zootlesque said:
Heard it on the radio today. I had given the song a break for a while and so liked it when it came on today. Was actually singing along. :wink:
can i confess something? i think i've listened to the new album maybe all of ten times. i don't know the words to any of the new songs (i don't know if i even know all the words to vertigo). don't be mistaken though, i don't dislike it or anything. they just released it at the worst possible time. my favourite band released their new album a month before U2's album. then, i had to listen to it because i went to see them in concert last month. i'm not gonna be able to see U2 (unless they come here for the 3rd leg), so no marathon listening sessions for me. :reject:

snutes1 said:
A song that everyone loves but that I hate is...............

SOMETIMES YOU CANT MAKE IT ON YOUR OWN.:reject:

Remove the box of shame for you are not alone. When I hear "let me take some of the punches for you" I think, "OH NO, NOT THE MARTYR BONO!!!" Oh yeah, it's also very over produced and while I don't doubt the sincerity, I thought Kite tapped this vein so much better.

KhanadaRhodes said:

can i confess something? i think i've listened to the new album maybe all of ten times. i don't know the words to any of the new songs (i don't know if i even know all the words to vertigo). don't be mistaken though, i don't dislike it or anything. they just released it at the worst possible time. my favourite band released their new album a month before U2's album. then, i had to listen to it because i went to see them in concert last month. i'm not gonna be able to see U2 (unless they come here for the 3rd leg), so no marathon listening sessions for me. :reject:

listening to astronaut and even seeing them live? but not u2! :shame: (funniest smiley ever, BTW)

Zootlesque said:
listening to astronaut and even seeing them live? but not u2! :shame: (funniest smiley ever, BTW)
hey, don't knock them! i love duran duran, they're my favourite band, hands down. :reject: i've seen them live three times, i've only seen U2 live once, during popmart.

i want to see U2 again but they never come anywhere near me. duran duran don't anymore either, but somehow it always magically works out so i can see them. when i was in school, they'd be nearby during my spring break, or with this year, they actually announced the tour dates before the cutoff date to put in vacation requests at work. :mad:

i would've gone to chicago to see U2 this tour, but it's too late to change my vacation days. so now i just have to cross my fingers in the vain hope they come here even though i know they won't because this city sucks and all our arenas and stadiums suck ass and the last time they came here no one went to see them so of course that means no one will see them this time.

KhanadaRhodes said:

i would've gone to chicago to see U2 this tour, but it's too late to change my vacation days. so now i just have to cross my fingers in the vain hope they come here even though i know they won't because this city sucks and all our arenas and stadiums suck ass and the last time they came here no one went to see them so of course that means no one will see them this time.

what city is this? where are you from?

Zootlesque said:
what city is this? where are you from?
memphis. :rant:

the popmart tour here was notoriously low in attendance. but hey, given that atomic bomb has already sold more than pop (i think?), you'd think obviously that'd mean more people would go see them live. they're played on the radio all the time here - not that i know, the last good radio station here just changed formats - but they never come here. before popmart, they hadn't played live in memphis since 1982.

i want to move back up north. :whine:

:lol:

For some reason I thought you were from upstate NY.

Actually I think it was your avatar. Don't ask me why. :shrug:

Zootlesque said:
Actually I think it was your avatar. Don't ask me why. :shrug:
:laugh: actually my avatar is from an exit sign (well duh) near my parents' house. there's a belz factory outlet mall there and it's on canada road. it wasn't until i got this nickname that i realized the correlation and finally when we were driving to louisville (yes, for the duran duran concert) that i happened to have a camera with me. being the dork i am, i thought it'd make a good avatar. :nerd:

i wish i could afford to be in upstate new york! for now i'll just have to settle being across the street from the projects :yikes:

Good chance I'll get eaten alive for this...

Mysterious Ways.

Well, seeing this is the confession "I'll get slaughtered for this post" thread ...

schnazdoodle said:
The Beatles' 'Happiness' is great. U2's though. :( I just can't stand Bono stuttering the lyrics out ("happiness is uh, a wa-urm guun").

I suspect I'm the opposite. The only time I can stand to listen to Beatles songs is when U2 are covering them.

I swear I never expected anyone to agree with me, either on the One count (tourist) or the Beatles count (MsMofoGone).

KhanadaRhodes said:

i used to have that opinion. then one day i heard it on the radio, and all of a sudden, something clicked. for me, i heard the emotion in bono's voice towards the end. you know, where he's like "ohhhhh ohhhh with or without you" (okay that sounds stupid, but you know what i mean, hopefully). now i like it. it's still not my most favourite song but i can appreciate it now.

ok, yes, sometimes I think like Edge: Less is More
4 chords can do wonderful and beautiful things, but I think it's the same issue I have with "Bad", are good songs but adoration about them makes me hate them... because U2 have better, much better songs (with 4 chords too), why people love the overplayed songs? and that makes a circle... people love a song, that song becomes in an overplayed song and more people start to love it

I find Mercy pretty irritating and lame

I also don't like Seconds, Like a Song, and Two Hearts Beat As One, but I don't know how popular those are

I think that's it

Oh yeah, I strongly dislike One Step Closer, but also I don't know how popular that is

Sunday bloody sunday/New Year's day/Bullet the blue sky.
I don't hate them, just can't listen to them.

U2girl said:
Bullet the blue sky.

Actually - I cant think WHEN I last listened to the studio version of Bullet.:scratch: I always skip it when I have JT on, and prefer to listen to the live b-side version on the Stay single..........which reminds me......

STAY TO WIN THE SURVIVOR!!!:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Back
Top Bottom