U2 songs at a funeral?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
With my grandpa recently passing away, I was thinking about songs that I would want played at my funeral. But I want them to be U2 songs... so I decided, since they play about 3 songs before it closes, I thought of the following setlist;

1. Where the Streets Have No Name
2. Kite
3. 40

Streets is like heaven, it's a place that should not be feared. It's a glorious place, where everything is peaceful.

Kite, is an essence, a story about that person's life and letting them (the family, etc) know they don't need to worry about them...

40... well, enough said :)

In a Little While
Wake Up Dead Man (kind of obvious but still)
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Walk On

I've told a few people that if I'm ever in a coma (god forbid), just put pipe in some U2 music. I'd like to think on some level I would be able to hear it. Maybe it would even bring me back :shrug:

I've decided I want MLK - when I directed Romeo and Juliet last year, the show ended with Friar Lawrence singing MLK as rain fell on the stage (yeah, actual water, it kicked ass!)

October
MLK
ISHFWILF
AIWIY
One
Kite
Walk On
One Step Closer
===================

One from those, but I would need more thought!

we've had this thread before. i think i said kite, walk on, one tree hill, maybe in a little while, maybe mlk. i'm missing a few but oh well.

october's good too.

I wanted one, but it's a bit too obvious a choice, so I now want u2's save darfur version of instant karma :up:

Oh my god, Wake up dead man... no. Just no. :|

How bout levitate? Except not many people know about that song....

'spirit come onn downn......'

Lyrics seem to fit well

Back
Top Bottom