U2 songs and a funeral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vertigo
An cat dubh
Electric co
COBL
miracle drug
SYCMIOYO
New yrs day
Pride
Bad
Streets
Lemon
Numb
Mercy
Levitate
Walk on
Seconds
I will follow
Christmas(baby please come home)
Lady with the spinning head
Please
Discoteque
the Wanderer
A sort of homecoming
Kite
Promenade
Wire
Mothers of the dissapeared
Exit

and for an encore

Yahweh

Hope you can attend my 'last gig',
Thanks,Lee

One Tree Hill... for the very simple fact the hospital that I was born in overlooks that very place. One Tree Hill (which is actually a nice big park area as well) played a very big & happy place in my childhood. (In fact the only other parklands I ever would dare go was Western Springs... which is directly next to where U2 played all there shows in Auckland).

MLK (the best one)
Where The Streets Have No Name
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own (depending on the personality of the person I guess)
One Tree Hill

My grandfather passed away this week and the whole trip down to the funeral I was pondering which U2 song I want played at my funeral. It was hard but I think that Kite would be very good.:sad:

40....I have already indicated it in my will. Besides a few church hymns, other rock 'n roll number include Love and Rocket's "Everybody Wants to Go to Heaven" and the Beatles, "and in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make...."

blueskyzg said:
when i look at the world

I was thinking that one too, maybe along with Peace on Earth....How about the whole ATYCLB album for crying out loud. Finish things off with Elevation. I am going to heaven:wink:

Where the Streets Have No Name, only because it just makes me feel so awesome.

I want my mourners to feel sad and melancholy first, with the playing of REM's "Find the River," and then they can celebrate life with " Streets."

Actually, they should play an hour's worth of live versions of "Streets," complete with song transitions. I should write that into my living will. :wink:

All I Want Is You (for my girl...)
Streets (because it's my fav, and it's uplifting and magical...)
Bad (just because...)
Kite (because it was played at my Grandfather's funeral...)
October (because it represents the forever present spirit)
New Year's Day (because I don't want people to get bored... lol)

Back
Top Bottom