U2 Song You Dislike, but that Most U2 Fans Like

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ISHFWILF - I totally accept it's "classic" status and Edge's guitar is as delicious as ever, but to me it exemplifies everything I dislike about some of Bono's late-80s mock-operatic, look-how-strongly-I-feel-about-bloody-everything singing. It really does make me cringe.

One (album version) - any live version is pure heaven, but I've always hated One as it sounds on AB, mostly because of Bono's too-nasally singing.

For me it has to be Angel of Harlem.

I love it when it's performed live and *I'm* in the audience... in fact, Angel of Harlem is a highlight when everyone sings along...

But I'm so sick of it. It's just repetitive after a while... much like any song I suppose... but it's one popular U2 single I'm not crazy over.

As for the song Kite? I remember when people on Wire were polling on "what ATYCLB song would you like them to play live next?"

And Kite was an overwhelming majority. Kite, while I don't mind it, is one of my least favourite songs off of the album, but I find a lot of U2 fans love it more than other ATYCLB songs...

Drowning Man. I don't skip it, I just don't think it's extraordinary.

With or Without You. Just boring. I skip it on every bootleg it's on (which is a lot, since they've pretty much played it at every show since they wrote it).

lso most of ATYCLB, except Kite, In A Little While, and Wild Honey (I can stomach the first four tracks, but once Peace On Earth gets going, I can never bring myself to keep listening).

I also skip live versions of Pride, although the studio version is still something special in the context of the Unforgettable Fire (hate hearing it on the radio, though).

typhoon said:
With or Without You. Just boring. I skip it on every bootleg it's on (which is a lot, since they've pretty much played it at every show since they wrote it).

lso most of ATYCLB, except Kite, In A Little While, and Wild Honey (I can stomach the first four tracks, but once Peace On Earth gets going, I can never bring myself to keep listening).

I agree completely. I used to be really crazy about the rest of ATYCLB, but now I can only force myself to listen up to Wild Honey (and occasionally New York) but I just can't listen to the rest. Grace is.. well.. I have to say it: it makes me embarassed to be a U2 fan when I hear that. I don't know why, but I just feel embarassed -- embarassed as in embarassment if I was caught listening to the Backstreet Boys. :barf:

I get really sick of WOWY as well, but I actually really like it sometimes. I have to be in the mood.

New Years Day: I've always hated this song. I HATE it. I am so sick of it live and I hate the album version. I also really am sick of the album version of Where the Streets Have No Name, but I still like the live version.

I dont know if I would say that I hate ne songs by U2 but I will admit that I wished that they would play older stuff more then the new stuff @ their concerts!

Gloria
When Loves Comes to Town
Elevation
Stuck in a Moment
When I Look at the World

I don't neccesarily hate these songs, but they aren't very high on my list either.

[COLOR=royal blue]I used to dislike New Years Day and Sunday Bloody Sunday but they've really grown on me.

I could live without -

*Bullet the Blue Sky
*Exit
*Van Diemens Land
*Heartland
*Numb
*The Wanderer
*New York[/COLOR]

:scream:

Back
Top Bottom