U2 song called "Just Ask"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edgette

ONE love, blood, life
I have a bootleg called "Yesterday and Nearly Today" and there's a song on it called Just Ask. It's a demo from the 80's I believe.

Anyway, I can't figure out if it's Edge singing it or not. I'm 99% sure that it isn't Bono. There are some moments when it definately sounds like Edge and there's sometimes where it sounds like George Harrison. :eyebrow: :huh:

It's really bugging me. Is anyone familiar with this track? Is there anyway to find out who's singing?

I can't really upload it to YSI as I'm on dial-up. :(

Axver said:
Just Ask is NOT U2.

It is actually by Radiohead.

Haha, I'm so confused. Can I e-mail this song to you or someone else?

ETA: It doesn't sound like Radiohead either. It's someone with an acoustic guitar and that's it.

Last edited:
I know exactly the file, I have it myself. I first thought it was Radiohead when I heard it (don't know why as at the time I'd only heard Paranoid Android, but it was a good guess) and since then I've seen it said multiple times the song is actually a Radiohead demo.

I don't know what it is with U2 and Radiohead. I once downloaded a version of Creep that was described as a U2 cover of the Radiohead song---but it was just Radiohead! I've also seen Tainted Love described as a U2 song, as well as a few others that just aren't theirs.

I know that U2 (primarily Edge) took an interest in Radiohead during the AB/Zooropa era. If the song you have really is Edge or Bono jammin' away at Just Ask, it'd be pretty cool...

Queen Bee said:
That track was also included in one of the fan-made Complete Bono Solo Projects discs :grumpy:

Those bootlegs annoy me. About half the tracks on those discs shouldn't be there, mostly b/c they're not Bono "solo" projects (like they're just random B-sides or compilations including other members of U2).

Utoo said:
I know that U2 (primarily Edge) took an interest in Radiohead during the AB/Zooropa era. If the song you have really is Edge or Bono jammin' away at Just Ask, it'd be pretty cool...

Well, I think all of U2 had/have an interest in Radiohead, but probably more since 95 onwards. Radiohead's first record wasn't even until 1993, the very end of the AB/Zooropa era.

namkcuR said:
Well, I think all of U2 had/have an interest in Radiohead, but probably more since 95 onwards. Radiohead's first record wasn't even until 1993, the very end of the AB/Zooropa era.

Good catch. Though I feel like I remember them mentioned in the Flanagan book. I could be wrong, though--that book's a beast & took me forever to get through, so who knows how good the ol' memory is.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Those bootlegs annoy me. About half the tracks on those discs shouldn't be there, mostly b/c they're not Bono "solo" projects (like they're just random B-sides or compilations including other members of U2).

Yeah, that annoys me too. The legit solo tracks could probably be condensed into one album.

WalkOn21 said:
OK, in this topic "I thought it was U2, but it wasn't" as well as "I thought it was Radiohead, but it wasn't" is mentioned.

Then what IS it? :eyebrow:

Radiohead.

Back
Top Bottom