U2; song, boot or footage that makes u become emotional (tear)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zooshadow

The Fly
mine is (well I only have one) in the making of the yoshua tree video they cut to a pop mart concert innnnn ahhh I can?t remember somewhere is south America and there are mothers with pictures of their children that are missing or dead, I guess they are literally the mothers of the disappeared. Bono is singing mothers of the disappeared and he looks quite emotional himself he is giving the song all he has got (he looks spent) then he walks to the front of the stage and claps and bows down in front to the woman. It is so nice. the abovementioned paragraph makes the writer smile when the scene is thought of, and tear whence first viewed.

Are there any persons out there who have enjoyed an emotional experience brought on by U2 that is not dissimilar? Come on out with it u guys dun hold back! :)

Last edited:
I definetly agree with your post, that is most definetly one of the more emotional things I've seen....he looks like he's about to cry as he does his "Whoooooaa"'s.

For me the whole Heartland/Graceland visit into 'Bad' on Rattle and Hum always did it for me. Also, in the film, the transition from black and white into color and the begining chords of "Streets" .

Always makes me a little :sad:

Bad.

If I really listen to it...if I let myself get into it, it get's me every time. If it comes on the radio while I'm in the car, I almost always have to shut the radio off when it's over, because I just don't want to hear another song.

Well, the only one, that gets me so far with a few tears....and its footage...is Bono singin 'I Cant Help (Falling in Love With You) at the end of the Zoo Sydney....

:sad:

there is something about his voice echoing round the stadium, the moment of loneliness on stage and the emptiness for a moment over a hushed crowd that sings back to him as a goodbye as he walks back and takes his last bow..........

Any live version of Bad. Particularly any show with a Bono Chat before the song. I love it when he says, "There is good and bad in every city. This is a song called Bad".

See? I just gave MYSELF chills thinking about it!

One thing that always gives me chills is when the 2nd half of Please picks up on the POPMart Video, when the screen starts to flash all those colors while the Edge is going into his solo and Bono is wailing into the microphone. Also the fact that Larry is playing the drum part to Sunday Bloody Sunday during it makes it even more emotional. I think that moment in the video transcends you emotionally and is a definite high point in the video.

mad1 said:
Well, the only one, that gets me so far with a few tears....and its footage...is Bono singin 'I Cant Help (Falling in Love With You) at the end of the Zoo Sydney....

:sad:

there is something about his voice echoing round the stadium, the moment of loneliness on stage and the emptiness for a moment over a hushed crowd that sings back to him as a goodbye as he walks back and takes his last bow..........

and also for me in the R&H video when they are beginning to play SBS, when its just Bono singing and Edge playing that gets me everytime.

and Bad everytime I hear this song!!!!!

bootleg of the concert at Madison Square Garden in NYC, 10/27/01. Cried when I was there, cry when i listen to it.

Recently it was a snippet from Oprah's opening montage / collage of Bono in which there is a scene from U2's Super Bowl Halftime performance - the strains of Streets + the hundreds of red flicker sticks + the names of the 911 victims scrolling = quite emotional

Like many others, any live performance of Bad.

Also, many live performances of WTSHNN, whether the explosion of color on R&H to the spiritually moving Bad-40-Streets transition on Elevation.

Also, the MLK transition to Streets at the Superbowl. When the 9/11 victims names went up, I nearly lost it.

Video : ZOO TV : live from Sydney 1993
Stay( faraway , so close )
One ( all 4 )
POP Mart : Live From Mexico city 1997

Songs :
Unforgettable fire
With Or Without You
Last Night On Earth
AB-ZOOROPA -POP - MDH Soundtrack

too much sweet and melow overdose stuff here YUCK !!!
:mad: :censored: :censored:

zooshadow said:
pop mart concert innnnn ahhh I can?t remember somewhere is south America and there are mothers with pictures of their children that are missing or dead
u2loopy said:
For me the whole Heartland/Graceland visit
i just wanted to say these two do it for me as well, as does the studio (or any) rendition of motd, and the performance of bad from live aid.

One from Popmart In Mexico City, when Bono almost cries and sings "I can't raise the dead" about Michael Hutchence.

Also "Bad" and "Please" after 9/11.

Its so hard to choose just one that makes me tear up, but right now its Irving Plaza boot's Beautiful Day. I don't know why but it makes my throat tight and I want to start crying every I play it.

I know that this is not good-bye...

Walk On...in particular the ending:

All that you fashion
All that you make
All that you build
All that you break
All that you measure
All that you feel
All this you can leave it behind.

Kite reminds me of my father, also Bad really gets me.

As far as live things go...the performance of "Sunday Bloody Sunday" from "Rattle and Hum"-Bono's angry and frustrated and sad as well at all the senseless killings-gets me all charged up and angry and defiant (especially when he gets into his big speech, which I just love), as well as sad-there's certain parts of the song that the way Bono sings them makes me feel like crying.

Also, I found a video of a live version of "Kite" that was taken from one of the "Elevation" concerts, I downloaded that video...and maybe it's the way Bono sings the song, maybe it's what he says the song can be about, I don't know...but every time I see that video, I feel like crying. The studio version of that song does the same thing to me, especially at the part that goes "I want you to know/That you don't need me anymore". I actually have cried during that song, too, so...

"Peace On Earth" has made me cry, at the part where all the names are being listed, and "If God Will Send His Angels"-I don't know why, but one day I was listening to that song, and I just started crying. It's usually never had an effect on me, but one day I was crying when I listened to it, at the part that goes, "And the love/What's that you say to me/Does love/Light up your Christmas tree". I have no idea why I cried at that part. But I did.

Angela

Another tear jerker moment for me is from the Tribute To Hereos performance of Walk On where near the end of the song Bono wails twice "See you when I get home sister"

Please ~ Sarajevo 1997
Love Is Blindness ~ studio/live
Your Blue Room

Bono?s message to their audience in the beginning of I Still Haven?t Found, Popmart S?o Paulo, Jan 31 1998...both bootleg and video...for very deep and heartfelt personal reasons.
:up:

I haven't heard a ZooTV show in a while, but I'm listening to the London show (1993/08/11) and the "Running To Stand Still"/"Streets" segue STILL sends chills.

Walk On from any Elevation show makes me burst into tears...
Kite from any Boston (I was there and it just hits me)
Mothers of the Disappeared from the Santiago show (my first boot)
Running to Stand Still from any Zoo TV show where Bono plays the addict

That's all I can come up with right now, but I know there are others.

the live version of "Walk On" that they started with an intro of "Peace On Earth" at that 9/11 tribute show; after Bono says, "hello from London" and lets out a bit of a wale as they get into it, that always gets me...

also, "I Still Haven't Found/ Stand By Me " from PopMart Sarajevo, and "40" from PopMart Johannesburg

Back
Top Bottom