U2 Singing On The Tribute Show!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Music Industry says so...
Remember, the Live Aid was selling pretty well...
I only hope they?ll release today?s performances on CD too.

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars...

Thanks for the info. I think this CD sounds like a must-have.

------------------
They want you to be Jesus
They'll go down on one knee
But they'll want their money back
If you're alive at thirty-three
And you're turning tricks
With your crucifix
You're a star

"I can't watch a man sing a song. He gets all emotional, he starts swaying...it's embarrassing!" -- Jerry Seinfeld

Great show, great performances. Most performers were good, Sting, Springsteen, Eddie Vedder/Mike McCready and Neil Young were great and U2 even better.

Originally posted by whenhiphopdrovethebigcars:

Dave Matthews "Believe In Love"
M. Carey "Hello"

Just two small corrections:
Dave Matthews performed "Everyday" (I'm one of the few Europeans who knows this guy and his band)
and Mariah Carey sang "Hero".

I missed it
frown.gif

I hope they replay it

.....no one cries like a mother cries for Peace on Earth.

Here I go with the dad thing again, but hearing Celine Dion sing GBA brought back memories of Kate Smith, a singer my dad admired. She had a huge version of that during ,probably during WW2. I think she was Canadian(part of the North American land mass) too.Maybe that helps explain it.
I'm with you jezebel, they were all there...I CAN imagine it Neil.
and lol @Bebe, I 've had that feeling about Willie for years.

I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony..........

PS: MHO about Bono saying.."see you when I get home sister.." is that he was referring to Aung San Suu Kyi. Like when the tour ends (soon) hopefully he'll go home(Ireland) for a good rest and then be on a plane to Burma to lend a hand. That's what I thought when he said it...... but we are all brothers and sisters.
Thanks U2
Bravo, encore
smile.gif

sooooooo,
have U2 been on already ???

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

That was stunning, seeing all those great musicians coming together, all of their messages just touch the heart.

U2 was fantastic, with Bono looking oh so serious. So they have made a statement of sorts...changing the lyric to "sick of hearing there's NEVER ever going to be peace on earth." Plus One played over the photo montage. Talk about relevance!

Not sure whether I preferred U2 or Sting. Sting's performance was so quiet, subdued, gently moving. Perfect song, of course. U2 was passionate and anguished. Walk On was a great choice. I was really expecting One but I thought Walk On was a strong contender. And the Peace on Earth snippet obviously worked well.

------------------
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned

-W.B. Yeats

Watching again the performance of U2 in London for the Tribute, I think that the venue was the one of "Top of the Pops" where they performed and recorded the european singles Bd, Stuck and Elevation. I can say this by looking the background and the lighs above them. Moreover the broadcast is black and white not to show the background that is full of colours, even if they removed the TOTP logo. Actually it looks like U2 were there recording the next european singles (Walk on) for the program and then they stayed there until the international broadcasting (2 a.m.).I think Natalie Imbruglia and Dave Stewart was there recording their own song and decided to stay too and join U2.

P.S.I don't think that the performance for the tribute will be the same used in the show TOTP.

Did anybody think that when Bono was singing "Halle...halle...halle...halle" that it kinda sounded like "Ali...Ali...Ali...Ali?" And then he said "I'll see you when I get home!" Anh, maybe I just misinterpretted the whole thing...

Back
Top Bottom