U2 Sightings at Salt Lake!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jezebel

War Child
**hoping mods won't put this in the new sports forum**

I just spotted this article tucked away on page six of the LA Times Olympics section this morning:

SALT LAKE CITY (AP): A small but extremely loud Irish contingent was spotted yesterday at the men's 4X15 km cross country relay at Soldier Hollow, the venue which is hosting all nordic events for the 2002 winter olympics. The group was holding its own against a much larger group of Norweigians, using the requisite cowbells and even a Celtic trio of musicians, complete with fiddle and tin whistle. Spotted in the group by several people was Dave Evans, aka The Edge, the lead guitartist of the widely known rock group U2. Apparently Edge was not wearing his usual knit cap, but rather one of the wildly popular Roots beanies seen worn by the American and Canadian teams. The group itself was seen wearing football jerseys, wrapped in large tri-color flags, and sporting all sorts of silly and fuzzy orange, green, and white headgear. When the skiing action slowed down, they sat down in colorful inflatable chairs, which were last seen at the Slane concerts given last summer outside of Dublin by the Irish rock group.

The Celtic trio was heard playing snippets of many traditional Irish tunes, including "Red is the Rose" and "Sliabh Geal gCua na Feile", while several members of the audience apparently fainted after hearing little heard but beloved renditions of the U2 tunes, "Acrobat" and "Elvis Presley and America".

As a final note, Edge was overheard to have requested the trio to play the Grammy-nominated hit, "Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of" for the United States cross country ski team.

There were also several reports that the drummer for the rock group, Larry Mullen Jr., was seen at the Salt Lake Ice Center Saturday night, giving the silver medalist, Apolo Anton Ohno, the thumbs-up sign, as the skater was being wheelchaired to the podium.

dammit, I knew I should have high-tailed it down to the Games.
tongue.gif

Originally posted by jezebel:
The group itself was seen wearing football jerseys, wrapped in large tri-color flags, and sporting all sorts of silly and fuzzy orange, green, and white headgear.

..while several members of the audience apparently fainted after hearing little heard but beloved renditions of the U2 tunes, "Acrobat" and "Elvis Presley and America".

ROFLMAO!!!

I don't think so, although I heard that Adam was spotted at a party given for the American snowboarders
biggrin.gif

i think adam's more likely to be at a party with the canadian snowboarders--oh yeahhh. even though they suck this time round, rebligatti is back in salt lake.

------------------
don't.

this means, apparently some people didn't "get it"
rolleyes.gif
....you did tho

it makes more sense if you've been following the Olympics....so maybe I should have posted this in the new sports forum, where's there are a lot of Olympic discussions going on...

ahhhh

oh well!

on a side note, I was WATCHING Apollo, and completely by accident, just happened to turn it on when the movie we were watching ended, and I didn't see Larry ANYWHERE!! Not that I was lookin but if he was on the screen and my radar didn't pick him up..
frown.gif
but at least my Larry sensor was on Full Alert since we were watching the SAME thing at the SAME EXACT time.
biggrin.gif
woohoo go me.

sorry, now back to your regularly scheduled thread...

------------------
White dopes on punk staring into the flash

High..Higher
Macphisto: Try A Taste Of Martini
"The way I might look at you" ~Adam

lol, jez. I thought it was terribly funny!
biggrin.gif

I think one might say that we are a bit desperate for new U2 news these days, eh?
wink.gif

thanks, sula, guess I should have saved it for April Fools Day
biggrin.gif

I thought everyone knew that Ireland has never had a cross-country ski team....plus "Stuck" is especially appropriate for a US team that NEVER wins a medal in nordic events (except for one in 1976)

maybe I have a future as a sports journalist
biggrin.gif

eek.gif

A JOKE????????????? BLARGH!

I WANTED A PICTURE OF THIS!!!!

Spotted in the group by several people was Dave Evans, aka The Edge, the lead guitartist of the widely known rock group U2. Apparently Edge was not wearing his usual knit cap, but rather one of the wildly popular Roots beanies seen worn by the American and Canadian teams.

[This message has been edited by Discoteque (edited 02-18-2002).]

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:
confused.gif

what's this mean?

this means, apparently some people didn't "get it"
rolleyes.gif
....you did tho

it makes more sense if you've been following the Olympics....so maybe I should have posted this in the new sports forum, where's there are a lot of Olympic discussions going on...

Yeah, I suppose the "live version of Elvis Presley and America" should have tipped me off. I don't think there's a living human who knows the all the words to that one.

It appears we have all become desensitized to sarcasm...

Back
Top Bottom