U2 Shows In The Fall: Better or Worse?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phattom

The Fly
How does everybody think this fall's shows are going to go down: better or worse than the rest of the tour? I ask this in particular to Bono's recent waist expansions, if whether he'll be able to perform as well. What does everybody think?

Well, he sure hasn't been missing any meals, that's for sure, and it seems he'll be quite diligent about that for some time, but I wouldn't consider him a complete lardo yet. He's definitly a healthy boy, but I can't tell if he's a full-on toad like he was in the post-Elevation phase. I don't think he'll stink but it'll probably be a little shocking for those about to see him.

bonoburger6dx.gif

bono is taking this "wanna be an opera singer" thing a little too far

phattom said:
How does everybody think this fall's shows are going to go down: better or worse than the rest of the tour? I ask this in particular to Bono's recent waist expansions, if whether he'll be able to perform as well. What does everybody think?

Bigger than the rest of the tour, apparently.

Reality? He'll be back in shape by November.

The question should be who do personally like better?

Fat Bono

Obese Bono

:wink:

I think some of you are pretty mean....and it is possible to loose 20lbs if not more in 2 months time.

He'll shock everyone and after being well rested and not running all over the world. Like a bull running through a china shop.

JCOSTER said:
I think some of you are pretty mean....and it is possible to loose 20lbs if not more in 2 months time.

I assume mostly everyone is joking. I don't think Bono's weight will be much of an issue come November, because it's not like he's a complete moron and won't be working on losing the extra pounds until then. He was chubby in those photos, but the man's hardly obese.

This thread is hilarious (w/the photos, etc). I needed a few laughs today. LOL.

Last edited:
well bono's bad back has effected some shows, makes him more stiff, not able to move around as much, and act like the bono we all know and love, etc...

and all that extra weight on the front cant be good for the back

JCOSTER said:

He'll shock everyone and after being well rested and not running all over the world. Like a bull running through a china shop.

Please understand that my post was totally in jest!!!!

I do understand that it is in jest, its just that it is such a focal point in this day and age when the media is all over people about their weight. I guess I am a little sensitive about the subject where I have battled weight issues etc. myself.

"Fall" shows?

You do realise that the bulk of the shows are taking place in the Southern Hemisphere, where it's spring rather than autumn in November?

Better. Better if only they try out some different songs, and maybe even debut some new songs.

When was the last time they actually debuted new songs on a tour? I can only recall the Joshua Tree tour when they played When Love Comes To Town.

Zootlesque said:

:lol:!!!

Fat Bono reminds me of Fat Monica on Friends.

I miss my friends...:sad:

I won't be able to tell if Bono's fat or not, I have third level seats :scream:

But hey at least I'll be there :shrug:

O.M.G. Thank God You're Here starts again tonight!! Yesss!!!

david said:
When was the last time they actually debuted new songs on a tour? I can only recall the Joshua Tree tour when they played When Love Comes To Town.

Lovetown had Slow Dancing and She's A Mystery To Me. Slow Dancing was also played on ZooTV over a year before its release. She's A Mystery To Me has randomly shown up here and there.

We Love You was played on Elevation and will probably never see the light of day as a release.

My gripe with Bono is not necessarily chubbiness but rather his thing for the red wine and cigarrettes.

It has hurt him and his voice and he sticks to it. Knock it off Bono.

Back
Top Bottom