U2 should take time out to make the next album a belter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ben.scot

Babyface
Talk of small US toures is exciting for US fans, but I reckon they should devote as much time as poss to making sure the material for the new album is the best it can be. The band are gathering force again on a world scale and should use the next album wisely.

Well...as far as "the best it can be" goes...that's a matter of opinion.

------------------
"Baby...can we still be friends?"

I mean that there are a lot of people who say, for example, Pop wasn't the best that U2 could have done. If they would have spent more time working on it, blah, blah, blah, it would have been better. So they may not think that album is the best they could have done while somebody else could think that the album is perfect.

------------------
"Baby...can we still be friends?"

Yeah, OK.
I guess we can't really discuss it till its here. But then its too late to worry about it because well its finished thus making the argument pointless. But Im sure we will discuss it anyway and in the meanwhile we'll have ramblings on like this one because there is no album to argue about.

ok i need to lie down!

Interesting comments spanning from here here to not really worth talking about because its a moot point. I still feel that a world stage has been set for U2. POP was arguably rushed, and in many respects settings personal feelings aside didnt do much for the band album slaes and popularity, for many an average listener POP was almost a switch off point. U2 dont want to do that again, they shouldnt rush to meet a deadline, art doesnt work that way. Waht they are doing now has an importance outwith the music scene, they are having a global effect. Its an impossible conundrum but the stakes are going up all the time, they must rise to it and with it.

ben.scot

from
Originally posted by ben.scot:
Talk of small US toures is exciting for US fans, but I reckon they should devote as much time as poss to making sure the material for the new album is the best it can be. The band are gathering force again on a world scale and should use the next album wisely.

As a U.S. fan, talk of a mini tour is exciting (although I still think doubdtful). But I agree that I would rather they work on the album and return to the U.S. next September or spring of 2003 with the new material to play live. I would rather have new music and wait another 6 months to a year to see them personally.

Originally posted by Bonochick:
So they may not think that album is the best they could have done while somebody else could think that the album is perfect.
you can argue whether songs are good or bad
you can argue whether lyrics are good or bad
it's very hard though to argue that the songs on POP are finished
if the band tells you the songs weren't finished they probly weren't
it's not really a matter of taste

I say record then tour

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Back
Top Bottom