U2 seriously rocked early on. Seriously

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cobl04

45:33
Like a Song..., I Threw a Brick Through a Window, Sunday Bloody Sunday, The Electric Co., Rejoice, Fire, Gloria, 11 O'Clock Tick Tock, Street Mission (solo!!), I Will Follow, An Cat Dubh, New Year's Day, Seconds, the list goes on.

The first say seven/eight years of their career kicked ass. IMO it was Larry's most kick-ass era. Bono had awesome, raw vocals. Adam was very prominent, the Edge, well, as I said above, Street Mission, 11OTT - three solos in one performance I'm led to believe.

Appreciate, bitches:D

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

The I Threw a Brick Through A Window-Day Without Me combination is one of the best and "rockingest" thing U2 have ever done.

People debate over Pop or ATYCLB or some unknown future album as "The Third Masterpiece." In my mind, there's no doubt that War already is. Killer songs for a young band, songs that not only helped them pick up a ton of steam, but songs that still define people's notion of the band today (i.e., SBS, NYD, Two Hearts). Strong work. And the stuff before that is impressive for a first foray into rock/punk by inexperienced, fairly untrained kids.

was listening to war last night. Was almost tempted to post an appreciation thread for Like a song.
Once again, I have to aggree wi An Cat Gav about the Threw a Brick/day without me live thing. Its right up there as one of the best u2 transitions between songs ever

phillyfan26 said:
Boy > War

:shh:

Got that backwards.

Boy is great, but it's just talented kids performing really strong songs. War is a classic.

October is Boy without the songs. :down:

shut your mouth, october kicks boys ass. all four were just that much more developed and god knows what it wouldve been had bono not 'lost the lyrics' .

That solo on Street Missions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 once, Edge really WAS on fire!!!!!!
:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

phillyfan26 said:
Boy > War

:shh:

it's true.

Boy is an amazing debut album. Brilliant from start to finish. War has classic songs, but the second half overall is pretty forgettable (save for 40, but that only became a classic because it was a perfect concert closer).

I do love early U2. They have their own unique, energetic sound and you can hear its influence on a lot of young bands today :up:

For me its Boy > October > War, but anyway...

And I purchased the Brick/A Day Without Me from iTunes from the NYD single.... oh my god!! :combust:

t8thgr8 said:
shut your mouth, october kicks boys ass. all four were just that much more developed and god knows what it wouldve been had bono not 'lost the lyrics' .

Then I suppose the lyrics would have actually been good.

That still wouldn't cover up the half-written musical ideas, however. :shh:

LemonMelon said:

Then I suppose the lyrics would have actually been good.

That still wouldn't cover up the half-written musical ideas, however. :shh:

I try to sing this song... la la la la... GLOOOOOORIAAAAA! I haaaave a muuuullet! GLOOOOOORIAAAAA!

I like more modern U2 personally. The music is more deep and hits me personally more. But then again, I have only been a fan for the last 3 albums or so and am just getting into their older stuff.

Back
Top Bottom