U2 Secret NYC show DVD Artwork *opinions welcome*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bloodysunday972

War Child
And here we go

U2dvd2.jpg

That is beaaaaaaaaautiful!

Any chance for a matching CD label? :drool:

:bow:

If anybody can point me in the right direction 2 where I can get or download the DVD, I'd be very grateful. God Bless!

I love the design. but I'd really like to see the Brooklyn Bridge on the cover. I've seen some great pics with it in the background, and while you wouldn't see the band as clearly, the image is pretty arresting. They didn't choose the location on accident. Also, I don't know if making a reference to "detonating the bomb" for a New York concert is the best idea :eyebrow:

How about "Under the Bridge Downtown"? Just kidding.

Why not just "Live in the City of Blinding Light"?

laz

lazarus said:
Also, I don't know if making a reference to "detonating the bomb" for a New York concert is the best idea :eyebrow:

laz

I don't think that's a big deal. Not to say that a tragedy has not happened, but people need quit being so super-sensitive to anything that's related to New York. The name isn't specific to any event, and it is meant to tie into the album. It's not like it was named "Jihad on New York". I think the title is a bit cheesy, but acceptable.

Other than that, great job! The suggestion of the picture of the bridge on the front is a good one, but what you have is also very good as well.

looks awesome!

has anyone actually seen the dvd yet? I'm still trying to download and I'm wondering if it's even worth it.

I have seen the one I bought off of ebay, which I believe is a different source.

The one I have is VERRRY much worth it.. Unfortunately, my computer won't even read it :huh:

Someone should really make an AVI of this show *hint, hint* Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase.

:wink:

It's good, your work is always good and if you are not already working as a graphics designer, I hope you consider that career! But I too would love to see the Brooklyn Bridge somewhere on there. There are pics on PLEBA on the NYC thread if you need some.

lazarus said:
I love the design. but I'd really like to see the Brooklyn Bridge on the cover. I've seen some great pics with it in the background, and while you wouldn't see the band as clearly, the image is pretty arresting.

Why not just "Live in the City of Blinding Light"?

Yeah -- a picture of the bridge in the background would be great, maybe on the back cover? I love the front cover...

And I like the title. The song's about New York, after all.

:ohmy: Bloody Sunday, I have 2 say that is absolutely f*ckin awesome!!!!

I prefer the 1st version however - 2nd one is a little too obvious with the bridge and all - we know where it is - I think u should stick with the original, but I also think the second title is much better!

Any chance u can send me a copy of the cover in high res at all please? That would be well cool!

cirtap2000@yahoo.com

One final thing, your spine reads the wrong way up - 99% of all dvd and cd releases read from the other way.

Apart from that, great work - I wanna see more!

Last edited:
I dont want to steal your thunder but trabant made some awesome covers aswell.

U2-2004-11-22-NewYorkCityEmpireFultonStateFerryPark-dvd-cover.jpg

U2-2004-11-22-NewYorkCityEmpireFultonStateFerryPark-dvd-disc.jpg

U2-2004-11-22-NewYorkCityEmpireFultonStateFerryPark-dvd-insert.jpg

credit: Trabant and bloodredskyhub.com

Once again, sorry to steal your thunder man, these are just alternative covers.

Last edited:
Reggie Thee Dog said:
Eliv8, is that a picture of the actual setlist?

I think so - They changed it though - The other typed version can be seen through the picture. Then someone handwrote a new one. They didnt play 'Beat On The Brat' and they played Vertigo a second time. (I think) I noted that on the setlist. I found the picture here somewhere, PLEBA maybe.

Back
Top Bottom