U2 saves rock and roll- again!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
After watching that performance last night, and noticing its direct contrast to Ashlee Simpson's performance, I was reminded that rock and roll DOES still live, and as long as U2 is out there it always will.

It reminded me of this Friday when my husband was complaining that there weren't any real rock bands anymore, just canned garbage with lip synching, drum machines, prepackaged pop with dancers and silly beats and moans. Well, now, I can tell him the answer is YES, rock and roll does still live, beating the heart of U2!

Rock on forever guys, you are my heroes! :heart: THANK YOU! :bow:

yes, but tell your husband even u2 uses drum loops sometimes.

it's just a sound; nothing to be afraid of.:wink:

U2 said in an interview recently that they weren't really a rock n roll band, just the loudest folk group ever, which I found funny :)

always rock n roll in my eyes
:yes:

But come on, they are a real live rock band who put out quality, self made, self written music. That's the best you're going to get these days.

And as someone mentioned in the SNL thread, it was like Bono was making a statement, lip synch THIS! He was showing the world what live rock was meant to be!

:up:

I was so pumped just from watching them on the telly that I didn't get to sleep until sometime after 4 am. Just from seeing them on TV. I think even people who aren't U2 fanatics like ourselves can see the magic when they perform.

Greety, go to PLEBA! Dream Chaser has posted links to everything!

That Vertigo performance was so punk rock. I'm sure if anyone was casually flipping around the TV and saw that, they'd have to stop and watch it. It laughed in the face of the Ashley Simpsons that can't handle live TV.

Exactly! If you can't handle TV live, you're an ACTOR, not a musician! Get off the fucking stage crap pop acts, long live U2!

There was power in their performance of Sometimes.. A song with substance. I'd take that any day over some meaningless pop song that would be sung (or not) by Ashlee.

You guys should be thankful Ashley did what she did. Had she not, SNL might not have given U2 the freedom to do whatever they wanted with their performance and give them back a bit of credibility.

Back
Top Bottom