U2’s Epic Songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Where The Streets Have No Name is the greatest song EVER written IMO, and I mean EVER. It is the epic that defines U2 for many diehard fans, and I believe it is the song that defines U2 for casual listeners as well. It is the point from which all other songs must be measured, and so far, in my mind, nothing comes close.

Despite this, there are other U2 epics that have a very deep effect on me, that I consider to be masterpieces, such as: Bad, All I Want Is You, One, Pride, and New Year's Day (to name a few...)

:hmm:

i can see epic being applied to a "story" or an idea a song could convey- it's impresiveness in those areas, or the extra impressiveness of the music, or both together.

Acrobat definately does it for me both in the idea of not letting bad circumstances/ or people take you down, and the incredible singing and the emotional soundscape that is generated.

I think some of the lyrics and definatley the singing & Music (those cascading gutair chords- so stunning and piercing-- just like theSouthWest's landscapes are) of "in God's Country" are epic to me.

I'm blanking on the name...is it "I threw a brick"...that one to me has a very big, atmospheric, yet sharply focused sound that makes it epicy.

:uhoh: (Streets has mostly fallen out of favor with me from the last tour, so i can't judge it in balanced way).

:yes: i think I'd agree SBS is Epic.

:up: good thread

epic for the who -- besides wont get fooled again, baba'o reilly ~~ for me are The SOng Is Over/Pure & Easy :love:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom