U2 rocks the city of Imagination!!! LA3 pics!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryMullen's POPAngel

Blue Crack Distributor
I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
Larry spoke and I missed it-again.
tongue.gif

Life is not fair.

------------------
Angel in devil's shoes
Salvation in the blues

~*April*~

What an awesome show! I also read on U2tours.com that Bono sang into someone's cell phone during "Bad".

Can't wait to hear the bootleg for "Out of Control" with "Into the Heart" mixed in!

I believe this is the first concert Bono actually took the flag instead of embracing it too!

It sounds almost as good as the Oct 30th Providence concert when Bono left the stage and visited my 9 year old daughter for some singing, kissing of the hand, and a prayer to all! My full story is below:
http://www.u2tours.com/displayfan.src?ID=20011030&XID=3670&Return=

Wow, your story is awesome Anne!
What an experience for your daughter to remember for life!
Bono was funny singing into the cell phone last night, at first he was talking, saying "hello, hello?" and then started singing.
It was a very emotional show indeed, the perfect ending to my Elevation tour.

I'm not going to forget about it soon either! LOL! The bootleg finally came out last week and it is sooo unbelievable to hear her say "I love you" and then everyone cheers!

[This message has been edited by BostonAnne (edited 11-20-2001).]

[This message has been edited by BostonAnne (edited 11-20-2001).]

Thanks for the review and the pictures, Mariana! I wish I could have been there for LA 3 but I am so glad you got to go!
smile.gif

------------------
Remember the goul.

Shake n' bake
Do whatever it takes

Dammit I didn't meet any Interferencers and I was there! Well I saw db9, but I was too scared to go say hi... Nice review NicaMom!
I saw Ben Stiller on the floor and yelled at him, so he turned around and waved to us haha. Then we saw Tom Hanks in the luxury box above us, and Chri Katan was also on the floor. AWESOME SHOW!!!! I loved it!

Ohmygosh, ohmygosh, U2 blew LA away last night!!!
I was a seat person last night, but it didn't matter U2 reached every corner and every person in the building.
Some hightlights:
-Mysterious Way's come back, Bono doing his sexy dance and getting on his knees, woowhoo!
-Out of control, my 1st time hearing it live!
Bono had so much fun performing it and teh audience went nuts.
The "Into the heart" bit was amazing!
I loved the little story about them coming to California and Bono wanting to go visit Brian Phillips(sp?) and wanting to see his sand box.
biggrin.gif

He wanted to carry Bob Dylan's bags too!
biggrin.gif

-Kite, I had a lump in ny throat during the whole song. Bono dedicated the song to his dad and talked about how they made peace at the end.
-Wild Honey, so sweet!
The cute young girl(12-13 yrs. old) Bono brought to the stage was very nervous and happy.
Bono said to The Edge, "Edge, sing to this girl." Awwww!
I saw the little girl after the concert and she was holding an USA flag, I wonder if Bono gave it to her.
-Bad, again the crowd goes nutter than usual and even more when Bono starts singing "who's gonna ride your wild horses" for more than a minute!
-Streets almost collapsed the building,
there was so much joy that it could not be contained between four walls.
Bono run a lap around the heart, flying the USA flag, enough said!
-Pride, the ooooh's sang by the crowd, just beautiful.
-What's going on, perfect performance by U2 and Gwen.
Bono looked at Gwen with admiration as she sang her part.
They finished the song hugging eachother.
smile.gif

-One, had me with tears in my eyes again, had to hug hubby.
-Bono "throwing" his heart at us, aawww...I forget what song that was for, any LA3 fan remembers?
-Bono Calling LA the city of Imagination.
-Larry actually talks!!!!
-No Doubt was AWESOME.
Gwen sang "I'm just a girl in Los Angeles, Orange county. I'm just a girl in California, I'm just a girl in the USA", the crowd went nuts!
She mentioned U2 several times and included them in a song.
smile.gif

There are tons of more emotions in my heart but it's so hard to describe them!
Thank You U2, we'll see you in a little while!!!
Here some pics by my hubby, I hope you enjoy them: http://community.webshots.com/user/nicamom

Great review, Mariana! Thanks for sharing the pics!

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

My gosh! That sounds like one emotional show! I also can't remember what song Bono was throwing his heart in Vegas. Someone please help us remember!
smile.gif

After NOT getting pulled up for the NON existant Mysterious Ways in Vegas (so much for the belly dancing classes!), and then after NOT having the Edge sing or dance with me, I am feeling rather bummed out to say the least!
icon31.gif

But I'm very happy for all who had a blast.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Mrs. Edge (edited 11-20-2001).]

What a cool story bratty_cat. That is ridiculous that people were trying to grab her flag though.

That's awesome that your friend was soo sweet to take pictures. I'm still looking for a photo showing Bono and my daughter from my experience (Providence Oct 30). It's going to be tough though because we were behind the stage. I'm hoping that somehow Otto managed to capture it. Here's the wonderful photo I've received so far:

1125492a.jpg

My daughter is blocked by fans, but my sis is the illuminated face.

[This message has been edited by BostonAnne (edited 11-21-2001).]

I stood next to the little girl Bono pulled up on stage. Her name is Faith and she is 10 (when Bono asked her name afterwards he really looked surprised and pleased and commented "Faith -- where would we be without you?" She was at the show with her mom and aunt, both huge long-time U2 fans (17 years). Before the show started, she was telling me how she'd never been to a U2 show before but that her aunt has about 7 of them on video and that she's seen every one (she is really a sweet little girl). We kept telling her that Bono was going to pull her onstage and she made a little sign that said "dance with me please." Bono grabbed her american flag at the beginning of the show and noticed the sign then. He kept coming back and looking at her and when he finally pulled her up, she was in total shock (stood there not knowing what to do, she aunt kept laughing later that all she could do was shake Bono's hand at the end)! Her aunt and mom were going nuts during all of this (we all were)! Anyway, it was so cool to see and my friend got a ton of pictures to send to her so she'll always remember that night. It almost turned sour for them when the "fans" behind us tried to take her flag away from her after Bono was flashing the spotlight on it during Bullet but those of us in the front grabbed it back. Some people are just friggin' idiotic!

Originally posted by NicaMom:
Awww, Anne, that pic is so sweet!
It reminds me of Live Aid.

Thanks You for finding this thread.
smile.gif

It reminds me of a Live Aid moment too, and blows my mind that it happened to my daughter and thus, me!

Glad to be helpful NicaMom!

------------------
"There's a lot of real rubbish going on about new music & old music, can I just say we play U2 music? Is that OK?" - Bono, Us Festival 5/30/83

Back
Top Bottom