U2 Road Trip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which one in the car?

• Boy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • October

• War

• Under a Blood Red Sky

• Unforgettable Fire

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Joshua Tree

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • Rattle and Hum

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Achtung Baby

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • Zooropa

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Pop

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • Best of 80-90

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • All That You Can't Leave Behind

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Best of 90-2000

Votes: 4 8.2%

• Total voters

U2SavesTheWorld

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
This past weekend I had to go out of town for a swim meet (I'm a coach) and, consequently, I was driving down an empty Illinois highway very late at night by myself. I had all the U2 CDs in the changer and I decided to listen to Rattle and Hum straight-through for the first time in quite a while.
It was amazing....I ended up listening to it three times and I could not get enough.

So, that got me to thinking....if you could only choose ONE album to listen to on a road trip which one would it be?

My U2 Road Trip Album Ranking

1. Joshua Tree - this album was made for driving. If you can time it so you get sundown (and maybe a little squall) during One Tree Hill, it's perfect.

2. The Unforgettable Fire - This one works well when driving through a winter landscape (save for Indian Summer Sky). The title track is tough to beat - might be U2's #1 driving song.

3. All the others tend to blend into one another for driving purposes...

Gah! I don't know...I always listen to mixed tapes with songs from all the albums in the car.

However...If I had to pick one album (or two!) it would be JT or R&H, I guess...

Night driving- AB!!
daytime driving (good weather) JT, ATYCLB
daytime driving (rainy or cloudy) UF, War
long distance driving across the desolate west- Rattle and Hum
driving around the water, especially on a windy day- October

I like listening to live stuff more while driving, more powerful. I find myself listening a lot to my Boston DVD rip while driving, I love it.

I love listening to The Joshua Tree while driving through the desert.

Especially "In God's Country." It's perfect.

Elisabeth

This summer I spent a month trekking the American West in a van with a group of 12 strangers (with a tour group called trek america) and I took all the U2 cds with me, and many bootlegs too. But I have to say the one I kept going back to, and the one everyone else wanted to hear most, was Joshua Tree. It was pretty cool to drive into Monument Valley at Sunset with that CD playing

I can't decide between AB and JT. They're both "journey" albums, but in a very different sense. When I listen to JT, I hear landscapes, so I guess it's better for a trip through the countryside. AB is a trip through a city at night. It depends on where you're at and where you're going.

Tabby said:
Night driving- AB!!
daytime driving (good weather) JT, ATYCLB
daytime driving (rainy or cloudy) UF, War
long distance driving across the desolate west- Rattle and Hum
driving around the water, especially on a windy day- October

I was thinking the same thing!!!!

but would have ATYCLB for nite driving too

oops...I voted wrong, thought you meant which was in the car right now. :confused: AB IS in my car right now, but for a road trip I would (and have) start out with AB because Zoo Station is such a get-you-going song...and it's fun to act out "I'm ready to let go of the steering wheel" for horrified passengers.

I'd say one of the best of's, (preferably the latest one) that way you get a little bit of everything.

I'm in the process of making multiple U2 road trip CDs for the 13 hour drive to Nebraska, but as for an album, I chose R&H. JT is good too, but I love live songs (see my name).

Back
Top Bottom