U2 reference on The Gilmore Girls (again!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bono's shades

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I was watching the season premiere of The Gilmore Girls tonight. Lorelei and Rory just got back from their backpacking trip through Europe and Lorelei was telling Luke about it. She said they went to Ireland and went to the Clarence Hotel in hopes of running into Bono! :lol: And later on in the episode Lorelei was picking on Rory for getting her college orientation date mixed up and Rory shot back, "Well, you're the one who wanted to go to Dublin just to stalk Bono" - or something like that.

I swear, this has to be the fifth or sixth U2/Bono reference I've seen on the Gilmore Girls - and I actually missed quite a few episodes last season!

And then there were all the promos for the new series One Tree Hill during commercial breaks. It's official - the WB network is obssessed with U2!

:laugh: I missed the premier but I love that show! great writing- and that's so cool they keep mentioning Bono, and even the Clarence! :eeklaugh: :up:

LOL ........i heard it to last nite......well actually i was on the computer and my niece was watching it but she had it turned all the way up and i heard when the mom was only mentioning Ireland and i was like '' why is she only talking about ireland like that'........then my neice called me and told me that they mentioned U2 on GM.........and when they mentioned it a second time , i ran down stairs..........maybe they should have U2 appear on one of their episodes............:sexywink: :wink:

Out of curiosity, does anyone know what that show "One Tree Hill" is about?

Umm, I think it's about brothers who didn't really know they were brothers or something. I don't know, I think I might have no clue what I'm talking about so I'll just shut-up, now :shifty:

I've noticed that U2 - Bono in particular - do get mentioned on Gilmore Girls very often ... hmmm, I agree that maybe they are obsessed.

But who wouldn't be? I'm all for seeing U2 in the spotlight on TV! :applaud:

I created the Gilmore Girls, and I write a lot of the chapters, especially those where there's U2 references...

loulou said:
Out of curiosity, does anyone know what that show "One Tree Hill" is about?
Just a wild guess, but an overwrought teen drama with impossibly attractive actors and impossibly sappy love plots?

Back
Top Bottom