U2 Receives Golden Globe Nomination for "Hands"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What is really great is that this means they have a good chance of getting an Oscar nomination which would most certainly result in a live performance of the song on Oscar night!

Maybe "Hands" has potential to be popular after all. I think we all underestimated the promotion it would be getting. Hopefully it wins, and then Best of 1990-2000 sales will pick up again. Here's hoping that this is gonna work for U2. :)

I think Edge says it best about the song, "It sounds like a U2 song but from a different century."

It is an excelent song and fits what is a GREAT movie very well.

We won't know who wins for another week...the Golden Globes air Jan. 19 on NBC, according to their website.

I'm obviously very happy that U2 got a nod, and I hope they win. I admit that I wasn't that thrilled with the song when I first heard it, but after a few listenings, and especially after seeing the movie, I've become a big fan of it. I was also pleasantly surprised by the fact that I like two of the other Original Song nominees - Eminem's "Lose Yourself," which I think is probably his best song ever, and the Paul Simon song from The Wild Thornberrys, which is very sweet and fits the movie perfectly. It makes a nice change from most years, when I can't stand any of the nominees.

Back
Top Bottom