U2 - Rattle & Hum Future Reissue Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ponkine

Refugee
Hi my friends.

This thread is for disscussing what stuff would you like to see included on the future Rattle & Hum Reissue

(let's assume that the album will get the same treatment as Joshua Tree, that's the album + CD of B-sides, rarities, etc + DVD with a concert plus documentary and videos) :yes:

I wait for your first reply Axver ;)

md_8.jpg

I want a DVD of a Lovetown concert "IN FULL"!! U2 seemed really on during this tour, even if they were miserable, they were playing great.

DISC 1: Original Album Remastered

DISC 2:

1- Desire (Hollywood Remix)
2- Dancing Barefoot
3- Everlasting Love
4- Hallelujah Here She Comes
5- Unchained Melody
6- A Room At The Heartbreak Hotel
7- Van Diemend's Land (Rattle & Hum Film version)
8- All I Want Is You (Single version)
9- Night And Day
10-Wild Irish Rose
11-With Or Without You (live from Rattle & Hum Film)
12-Running To Stand Still (live from Rattle & Hum Film)
13-previously unreleased track
14-previously unreleased track

DVD:

New Year's Concert Dublin 31-12-1989
Lovetown Sidney 1989 Documentary
It's Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) Video
One Tree Hill Video
Night And Day Video

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Replace New Year's with the full 1989-11-18 Sydney gig, and I think you're very close to what it will be.

I'm not sure New Year's exists in full, rumors be damned. Also I wouldn't be surprised if you see "Making of All I Want Is You Video".

CTU2fan said:
Replace New Year's with the full 1989-11-18 Sydney gig, and I think you're very close to what it will be.

I'm not sure New Year's exists in full, rumors be damned. Also I wouldn't be surprised if you see "Making of All I Want Is You Video".

Maybe Axver has a better answer, but as far I know, the New Year's Concert was transmited live to Europe, so the footage must exists.

So far bootlegs only have the first 2 songs of the gig :(

The NYE gig was only broadcast on Radio, all we have footage wise is news report footage of Streets and IWF, broadcast in Ireland at the time. Not sure if this entire show was filmed other than the usual first 3 songs Local News are allowed.

Personally I'd prefer the Sydney footage, we know that there is probably a pro-shot complete show of this somewhere in the archives. And from what we saw in the Lovetown Docu, it looks like it was very well shot. Plus it was an amazing gig, with a great set. This still remains my holy grail of U2 footage...

i would honestly faint if this saw the light of day...

It's more likely that we will get the Lovetown Documentry though... Before we all get carried away, we don't actually know that all remasters are going to come in the JT anniversary format. I'd doubt that the other releases will coincide with anniversaries, I think they'll get slow releases over the next few years...

I'm beginning to wonder if the U2 archives are as fit to burst with great unreleased stuff as we like to think they are... I honestly wonder how many full pro-shot shows they actually own, other than single cam things, shot for professional review...

chrissybaby said:

It's more likely that we will get the Lovetown Documentry though... Before we all get carried away, we don't actually know that all remasters are going to come in the JT anniversary format. I'd doubt that the other releases will coincide with anniversaries, I think they'll get slow releases over the next few years...

I don't think the other reissues will be released coinciding with anniversaries, but I do believe they'll release the same formats for every album, that's:

1- Standard Edition (1 CD)
2- Deluxe Edition (2 CD)
3- Super Deluxe (2 CD + DVD)

chrissybaby said:

I'm beginning to wonder if the U2 archives are as fit to burst with great unreleased stuff as we like to think they are... I honestly wonder how many full pro-shot shows they actually own, other than single cam things, shot for professional review...

I think the band owns more shows that we might think.

Just from the Zoo TV or Popmart alone they should have at least a dozen of well-filmed Pro-shot ones.

Every gig of the fourth leg of Popmart (South America, South Africa, Australia, New Zeland and Japan) was filmed. :drool:

From the old tours, surely not all gigs were filmed, but they should have a good deal of Pro-Shot material.

We know about (for example) the October Summer Festivals tour, the War Festivals, etc, etc.

Surely they have at least one Pro-shot concert from each tour, so it wouldn't be hard at all to add one show per album reissue, since we (fans) owns pro-shot concerts (at least parts of them) from each tour !

The only things I would want without a doubt would be the full Sydney Nov. 18th pro shot. Unfortunately there are a couple of covers performed at that one so it would get editied most likely like Paris 87 did. Still would be fantastic, way better than the Dublin New Years footage. Which it still has never been determined if the "entire" thing was shot. A large portion of it was though for sure. BUt I think that show falls flat after the great into with the countdown into Streets.

The only other thing I would like is U2's Sun Studio version of "She's A Mystery To Me" with Bono singing.

If it had those things it would already be outstanding to me. Any demos would be icing on the cake at that point.

Not sure why everyone thinks they should include a 1989 concert on a reissue of a movie of the 1987 tour.

I would love to see dec 20, 1987 complete, included even though we already have a JT show.

Now a Boxset of some Lovetown stuff? Bring it on.

Because Lovetown was the tour (though not "officially") that promoted the album?

DISC 1: Remastered

DISC 2:
Hallelujah (Here She Comes)
Desire (Hallelujah Remix)
A Room at the Heartbreak Hotel
Love Rescue Me (live)
Dancing Barefoot
When Love Comes to Town (remix)
God Part II (remix)
Unchained Melody
Everlasting Love
All I Want is You (Single version)
Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
Bad (live) (from "Excerpts from Rattle and Hum")
In God's Country (live) (from "Excerpts from Rattle and Hum")
With or Without You (live) (from "Excerpts from Rattle and Hum")
Jesus Christ (from Sun Studio Sessions)
She's a Mystery To Me (from Sun Studio Sessions)
Wild Irish Rose

Disc Three:
12/31 Point Depot
Lovetown Documentary
Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) video

This assumes that the band will do a separate Rattle and Hum 2-disc special edition of the film, which would include:

- Making of Rattle and Hum documentary
- Rattle and Hum outtakes
- One Tree Hill video

I think they would hold back Night and Day for the Achtung Baby commemorative.

Chrisedge said:
Not sure why everyone thinks they should include a 1989 concert on a reissue of a movie of the 1987 tour.

I would love to see dec 20, 1987 complete, included even though we already have a JT show.

Now a Boxset of some Lovetown stuff? Bring it on.

I would have loved Tempe 87 also. But I think if they were going to put that out there it would have been with the JT remaster. Plus parts of Tempe are already on the R & H movie obviously. I think the theory is they would put a DVD of a concert that featured live version of the songs that are actually on the Remaster.

Blue Room said:

I would have loved Tempe 87 also. But I think if they were going to put that out there it would have been with the JT remaster. Plus parts of Tempe are already on the R & H movie obviously. I think the theory is they would put a DVD of a concert that featured live version of the songs that are actually on the Remaster.

They could in theory re-edit / re-master the R&H Film itself and release that as a 2-disc package with something like the Tempe show or Denver on the 2nd disc.

cdparky said:

They could in theory re-edit / re-master the R&H Film itself and release that as a 2-disc package with something like the Tempe show or Denver on the 2nd disc.

that would just be wonderful. :drool:

Would be great if Phil Joneau supervise this -

cdparky said:

Oh, I think they will issue a R&H special edition DVD at some point and it may contain alot of bonus footage from both concerts.

But what is being discussed here is the box set remaster of the audio. I'm saying for that release if they follow suit with the JT one, it would make more sense to have a Lovetown show on it. :shrug:

This would all be very exciting. Let's hope for a special treatment like this on all albums. Probably not, though.

Back
Top Bottom