U2 - POP Future Reissue Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ponkine

Refugee
Hi my friends.

This thread is for disscussing what stuff would you like to see included on the future POP Reissue

(let's assume that the album will get the same treatment as Joshua Tree, that's the album + CD of B-sides, rarities, etc + DVD with a concert plus documentary and videos)

u2-pop.jpg
:yes:

This is what I'd love to have:

DISC 1: Original Album Remastered

DISC 2:

1 - PopMusik (Popmart Intro)
2 - Holy Joe (Discotheque Single)
3 - North And South Of The River (SATS Single)
4 - Your Blue Room (SATS Single)
5 - Last Night On Earth (Single version)
6 - Happiness Is A Warm Gun (LNOE Single)
7 - Dirty Day Mix (Please Single)
8 - Please (Single version)
9 - If God Will Send His Angels (Single version)
10-Sunday Bloody Sunday From Sarajevo (IGWSHA Single)
11- previously unreleased track
12- previously unreleased track
13- previously unreleased track
14- previously unreleased track

DVD:

Live From Santiago, Chile 1998
A Year In Pop 1997 Documentary

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

concert1.jpg

Earnie Shavers said:
Who wants to place bets that any 'remastered' Pop will feature the Best Of versions of those few songs?

I hope they won't get place on the POP Reissue

They're absolutely terrible, and they don't sound like POP, they sound more like ATYCLB :(

Earnie Shavers said:
Who wants to place bets that any 'remastered' Pop will feature the Best Of versions of those few songs?

This concerns me... To be honest I hadn't even considered this but it is a very real possibility.

I'm not against the new mixes altogether but they should be included on the bonus material imo and the original tracks should just be remastered to preserve the integrity of the original material.

If they pull a George Lucas I will be pissed... but who am I kidding? I'll still buy it anyway :angry:

What I wish for this release is the best of both worlds. I'd like a remastered copy of the original album, plus the entire album re-recorded as they now feel it should have been. This may seem far fetched, but just a couple of years ago, Bono was stating that they were re-recording Pop. Perhaps they had this future release in mind at that time. :)

He just said there was still talk in the band about re-recording Pop.

They probably won't, and this place would combust, but it would be interesting to see Pop 2.0.

I hope they don't re-record Pop. I'd rather they spend time making more new albums than trying to fix a broken old one.

It's one thing if they want to re-record Pop, but if it is the original tracks, I don't really think they need re-mastering like the albums before it do (actually I don't think Zooropa needs much in that department either). I may be alone in that view though!

I would LOVE if A Year In Pop was included though. Santiago would be my pick of pro shot video, unless they shot Leeds...now that would be a real treat!

How about for the B-sides disc, since Bono rerecorded vocals for Wave of Sorrow, he does the same with Playboy Mansion, using the original set of lyrics that were supposedly more emotional and, as Bono mentions, perhaps better.

I remember reading about some song titles before the album came out. such as "Super-City Mania" I realy wanted to hear that! Maybe include version of tracks they recorded with Nellee Hooper [the original producer in the Pop sessions] ?

cdparky said:
How about dusting off Sarajevo and putting that out on DVD :drool:

It'd be a fantastic improvement over the crappy bootleg dvd. :yes: The audio, though, still makes my throat hurt--especially halfway through AIWIY. :ohmy:

KhanadaRhodes said:
why does this album even need to be reissued? it doesn't need to be remastered.

Knowing U2's seemingly large habit of ignoring the existance of Pop, they might just remaster every thing up to Zooropa and then just leave the rest of the albums alone.

But if they do remaster it, I want a pro-shot version of Miami live.

catlhere said:
I hope they don't re-record Pop. I'd rather they spend time making more new albums than trying to fix a broken old one.

Amen...:bow:

However, my guess is the deluxe version will include the original...and the re-recorded versions...:hmm:

And, of course all the B-sides...:up:

PolaroidKiss said:
I remember reading about some song titles before the album came out. such as "Super-City Mania" I realy wanted to hear that! Maybe include version of tracks they recorded with Nellee Hooper [the original producer in the Pop sessions] ?

I thought Super-City Mania ended up becoming City of Blinding Lights

Back
Top Bottom