U2 playing at the Olympics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Like O2

She wore graaaapes
FROM THE SALT LAKE TRIBUNE

N Sync, Creed, Brooks & Dunn and Marc Anthony are among the musical headliners who will perform public concerts at the Olympic Medals Plaza in February.

SLOC has made offers to an additional 10 musical acts. Olympic planners also are wooing Irish rockers U2, who will be in Utah during the Games to perform at a private party.

Each act will perform for approximately an hour, beginning about 9 p.m. Admission to the plaza, which holds 20,000 people, is free. But spectators must have tickets, which will be available through Smith's Tix beginning Jan. 10.

Read the whole article here:
http://www.sltrib.com/2001/Dec/12192001/utah/159678.htm

Guess it's time to start looking for airfare and hunting for tickets!
biggrin.gif

SLOC has made offers to an additional 10 musical acts. Olympic planners also are wooing Irish rockers U2, who will be in Utah during the Games to perform at a private party.

Fuck! Who managed to get U2 to do their birthday party? Can ya put a word in for me?
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Did I forget to tell you guys???? Oh dear, I am sorry, it's actually my party they are playing at. I told them I was getting married... shhhh! Who knew they'd actually come? lol

hee hee

------------------
"An Angel in Devil's shoes..."

oh Jeez, U2 playing at a private party??? that's insane!! it reminds me of this story i heard about a TV executive who got NSync to play his daughter's bat mitzvah...

i wonder if it's a friend, or if it's just some reeeeally rich person... (i hope not!) then again, this could all be completely untrue- actually, it probably is!
wink.gif

oh Jeez, U2 playing at a private party??? that's insane!! it reminds me of this story i heard about a TV executive who got NSync to play his daughter's bat mitzvah...

I feel bad for her, actually.

Imgaine the shame she will feel in a few years
tongue.gif
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by DoctorGonzo (edited 12-19-2001).]

That would be interesting... i don't know if U2 has done anything like that in the past... and also note that the article clearly states that it's the organizers who are trying to get U2 and the band hasn't said yes yet.

Originally posted by Like O2:
Guess it's time to start looking for airfare and hunting for tickets!
biggrin.gif

Good luck, start looking now. I can get airfare for $400 direct from Boston, but the best I could do for HOTEL was $700+ a night in a Days' Inn for god's sake! (I have an opportunity to see some events there, but can't afford that for hotel!)

Amy

Um...I think PubCrawler has first dibs on U2 playing at *his* private party!
wink.gif

Would be great to see them at the Olympics - talk about twice as moving, surrounded by the mountains and all...wow.

DB9 - take lots of pictures for us, 'K??

Originally posted by *Ally*:
oh Jeez, U2 playing at a private party??? that's insane!!

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
wow more shows for the States

Awww Amanda, if it's any consellation- I don't think that counts. A private party? Not to mention the fact that I highly doubt they'll actually perform for the public.

well, after they play their "private party" bono's going to give me a private show.
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
Does love light up your Christmas tree?

Happy Holidays!

"And I wear gray underwear." -Bono

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

...if God will send his angels...

it reminds me of this story i heard about a TV executive who got NSync to play his daughter's bat mitzvah...

That story, I belive, is taken from the Sex and the city, the tv-program. The exact same thing happened there. One of the characters is working as a "partyplanner" and she got the job to arrange a party for this rich guys daughter's bat mitzvah and she requested to get N*sync to play at the party, so it's not a true story.
smile.gif

Cool anyway if U2 plays at the olympic games but them to play a private party except for close friends seems unrealistic, at least to me.

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

http://community.webshots.com/user/misszooropa
Pictures from Copenhagen (shirtless ones), London and Dublin, Slane.

Originally posted by MissZooropa:
That story, I belive, is taken from the Sex and the city, the tv-program. The exact same thing happened there. One of the characters is working as a "partyplanner" and she got the job to arrange a party for this rich guys daughter's bat mitzvah and she requested to get N*sync to play at the party, so it's not a true story.
smile.gif

actually, it IS a true story! i saw that Sex and the City episode, too- they must have based their plot on what really happened. here's an article about it!
smile.gif
:

Thursday, June 8, 2000
*Nsync performs at private party
If you're a millionaire, *Nsync might just play at your next party.

*Nsync reportedly performed at a bat mitzvah for 12-year-old Rachel Colburn, according to MTV.

The girl's father, who's an executive at America Online, hired *Nsync to appear at the Beth Sholom synagogue to give a personalised concert that even included a performance with Rachel.

Don't start day-dreaming about hiring *Nsync yourselves though, Rachel's family is rumoured to have paid over $1 million for the performance.

actually, it IS a true story! i saw that Sex and the City episode, too- they must have based their plot on what really happened. here's an article about it!
smile.gif
:

Wow....
smile.gif
It seemed to alike but they must have stolen it for the program. What a coincident that they just broadcast that episode here a few weeks ago.
Thanks for the info about it.
smile.gif

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

http://community.webshots.com/user/misszooropa
Pictures from Copenhagen (shirtless ones), London and Dublin, Slane.

Flame me if you want to but I think U2 don?t need to play everywhere they are invited at. Bonos voice is hoarse and they got plenty of work to do so I just think they need to focus...

------------------
beLIEve

Back
Top Bottom