U2 perform GOYB at the Grammys Discussion Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
84695956.jpg

Just getting into the thread now, watched a few times. I must have just missed it, I had no idea they were opening, have been dealing w/ an illness in the family all weekend.

I was pissed I missed it. Anyways, damn shame about Edge's guitar being mixed too low, but you can still hear the guitar break away from the bass in the chorus, something everyone accuses GOYB of lacking. Great energy, Bono sounded good, as others have mentioned, its the first live performance of the song in a very difficult, multi artist, multi equipment environment

U2 did their jobs tonight- promote the new single and make a good impression on those being exposed to it for the 1st time ever as well as on those same people who are seeing them for the 1st time in 5 years. I am talking casual music fans. Dissapointed w/mix, but to be expected and very good overall.

Sicy, other mods: between this and the preview, you are working your asses off, I have never been through a new album process here and have been very impressed. THANK YOU! This is a very well run site.

Thank you, youtube!

WOW! That was great!

Once again, I seem to be wildly baffled by Interference. I can only assume it's me, because I didn't see this "horrible" performance, or "Coldplay blowing U2 away" or "Bono being off" or any of the other nonsensical items I've read in this overall thread.

As far as I'm concerned, U2 nailed it. This may or may not help the song on the charts, but U2 did their job. They promoted their new single and their new album very well. Yeah, there's a bit of "Vertigo" there (oh, the horror!) and this particular presentation was reminiscent of ZOO TV, but it was a fun rockin' performance that really got the show started well.

Then again, perhaps some of you prefer that performance of "Please" U2 did for MTV in '97 or '98, where the whole frickin' audience was asleep by the end (including me). :shrug:

I'm not a huge Radiohead fan by any means. However, i've recently got In Rainbows and I quite like it.

That said, is it just me, or is 15 Step the worst song on the album? It's the only one I don't really like.

Thank you, youtube!

WOW! That was great!

Once again, I seem to be wildly baffled by Interference. I can only assume it's me, because I didn't see this "horrible" performance, or "Coldplay blowing U2 away" or "Bono being off" or any of the other nonsensical items I've read in this overall thread.

As far as I'm concerned, U2 nailed it. This may or may not help the song on the charts, but U2 did their job. They promoted their new single and their new album very well. Yeah, there's a bit of "Vertigo" there (oh, the horror!) and this particular presentation was reminiscent of ZOO TV, but it was a fun rockin' performance that really got the show started well.

Then again, perhaps some of you prefer that performance of "Please" U2 did for MTV in '97 or '98, where the whole frickin' audience was asleep by the end (including me). :shrug:

:up:

I didn't think it was the best that they could've done with it being performed for the first time live, but hopefully it gets better. Practice makes perfect after all. :sexywink:

Top performance by Radiohead.

Great band, great great great band.

Still one of the few original bands out there.

That was pretty damn epic. :drool:

I'll bet Radiohead fans aren't bitching about Thom's vocal imperfections, or his spastic, goofy movements, or about how the marching band thing was better back in '79 when Fleetwood Mac did it with Tusk...

Performance of the night goes to Radiohead. And normally that is my least favorite song on the album.

Oh, and 100th post.

Back
Top Bottom