U2 perform GOYB at the Grammys Discussion Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He acts like I did as an immature arrogant 7th grader.

OMG guys, he is a really nice guy! He is just really excitable, he was the same way when I met him

WHY ALL THE HATE? Just because Coldplay is having a better night that U2 doesn't mean you should fucking attack them! You have no other argument against them other than that Chris Martin can act like a bit of a wack job sometimes...

does anyone know who that is on Bono's shirt?
By the way, my wife and I thought the performance rocked. She has never seen U2 live and after the performance, she said "I can't wait to see them in concert!" So, I think the performance did what it was supposed to do.

Aren't links to bootlegs and other unofficial stuff allowed?

I think it might be ok.. but it would be better if a youtube link could be posted though, rather than the download links. I'm uploading it now.

Thanks for the video.

Loved the visuals - I notice they had the = sign in them which was nice, but not so keen on EVERY lyric being there.

Vocal mix was diabolical and I thought Bono's vocals seemed a bit shambolic in the bridge.

Also, the whole song seemed a little bit "flat" to me.

Why do we need a new thread? why couldn't we just continue that old one?

The Edge has great taste in fashion.

Threads are closed at 1000 posts. You can read the FAQs of the site for this info.

Wow, I really liked the passion the guys were putting in for the performance. But yeah I must agree the mix sounded absolutely TERRIBLE. What was going on with Bono's mic? There definitely seemed to be some technical faults going on there...Oh well, I'm sure they'll have it sorted for their other performances, I'm not surprised that they encountered problems anyone remember the Elevation problem on the MTV music awards 2001?

Don't worry guys, U2 will more than make up for it in other performances.

16529753chrissib28200993603PM.jpg

16529747chrissib28200993617PM.jpg

16529747chrissib28200993617PM.jpg

*totally should be studying right now:reject: *

just watched U2 again, and they were pretty darn good, shame about edges guitar during the chorus's being too low........

This performance makes me want to become a PLEBAn. And I'm a straight male!

The visuals remind me a lot of the style of the Boston DVD, which is a good thing.

The chorus was the weakest part I think.

I love that U2 was one of the very few artists to not collaborate with someone else. They played their song, rocked the fuck out, and got out of there.

Back
Top Bottom