U2 perform GOYB at the Grammys Discussion Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy: Coldplay didn't win!!!!!!!!!!

Plant and the blond singer i've never heard of took album of the year!

At least they should have given it to Radiohead at least!

:doh::doh::doh:

HOLY SHIT. The quality of the video and audio of the torrent is EPIC!!

Absolutely, positively worth the download!!!!!

:ohmy:

By the way, Robert Plant is a rock god and I think it's highly disrespectful to the winner of any award, no less album of the year, to play "get off the stage music".

Well, it's the Grammys. They often go with WTF choices for album of the year. Like Herbie Hancock's jazzy Joni Mitchell covers album last year?

That being said, I'm pleased Plant/Krauss won. It's a great album. I also love that the O Brother soundtrack won when it was nominated, even though it beat out U2.

The grammy performance was AWFUL!! The new song si horrible and the live version is even worse than the studio version. rmember when U2 used to change their look between albums? Now we have to sit thru the same platform shoes and stupid eye glasses of Bono. I mean get rid of those platform shoes we all KNOW you are short!.

As for the performance, it was easily the WORSt U2 live performance of all time. I could not even watch the whole thing is was such crap

dude.........why dont you go back under that big rock.

I thought Raising Sand was a good album, but not the best of the year.

Coldplay, Radiohead, and Metallica all put forth better efforts.

Lol, what an absolutely assy choice for album of the year :lol:

I've never seen "ass" used as an adjective like you used it, but I must say it's catchy.

As for Robert Plant and Alison Krause...I know some of the music in their catalogues (not the album that won, but earlier stuff). As artists go, both of them are very, very talented songwriters and performers. Alison Krause plays the fiddle and sings like James Taylor plays the guitar and sings (seriously, no exaggeration).

Who didn't see that one coming?

Sorry, Radiohead. You got robbed.

(and so did Metallica for not even being nominated.)

Yeah... the fact that Metallica did not get nominated for Album of the Year still baffles me.

"That Was Just Your Life", "Broken, Beat & Scarred", "The Day That Never Comes", "All Nightmare Long", "Cyanide", "The Unforgiven III", etc. are FANTASTIC.

Did anyone notice how winded Bono looked at the end? I hope he starts preparing for the tour!

I think Bono thought it was really going downhill until the "not right now" when he seemingly caught a second wind.

The U2 performance was a bit rough, it didn't sound rehearsed that much and it suffered as it was the GOYB debut live performance.
There was definitely something wrong with the mics, Bono couldn't be heard a few times, Edge's vocals were too quiet and the Let Me In The Sound part was really lacking, it lost all it's power on the record.

It was a good performance considering they hadn't played it live before. but they really need to make radical diffences to how they play the song.

With regards to Coldplay, it was an okay performance but as I dislike Chris Martin and think he is a poor singer, while the other three members are just in the background and lack personality. It also seemed as if they were trying too hard to impress, they just irritate me because although they have some decent melodies, they are so overrated it's ridiculous and they think they are better than they actually are.

I'd rather listen to Radiohead..... but I have an argument against them as well...lol

So far, the sound has been terrible for everybody but Al Green.

Fail, Grammys. Figure this shit out. It's not like you've never broadcast a show before.

I'm so glad 'Raising Sand' won! It was an amazing album. Radiohead's was bland for them and wasn't really a step forward, Metallica's was only so-so, and Coldplay's had awful songs that were made to sound decent good thanks to Brian Eno's production.

Robert & Allison deserved it. They came from completely different backgrounds, and collaborated to make something very different, and very beautiful. Sure it's not the best record I've heard this year- but of all the nominees- this one deserved it the most!

How 'bout that U2?!

Well, looks like Achtung Baby chopped down the Joshua Tree all right... and planted a sapling that the four men have been nurturing.

Pity about the mixing, but damn, that was interesting. Now, to await the album and tour with bated (not baited) breath.

This is off topic but how dare coldplay mention Viva La Shit in the same sentence as Sgt Peppers

they should be put down for that

Cheers for the video of u2

its 5am and i cant f-ing sleep!

Lil Wayne was 16, I think, when he had his first child.

And Lil' Wayne winning best rap album shows how out of touch the Grammy academy is. Go on any hip hop message board and you'll find that the reaction among hip hop fans towards Tha Carter III was overwhelmingly negative. However, because it sold a lot amongst 14 year olds and because "important" magazines like Rolling Stone (who have absolutely NO idea what hip hop is), Lil Wayne is crowned a "Dadaist poet".

Pathetic.

Yes Lil' Wayne winning best rap album was a joke. Jay-Z was robbed for American Gangster, which was probably his best album this decade! Wayne only won because the undeserved hype surrounding him and that garbage piece of crap he put out last year...

I'm downloading the torrent now. Maybe the guy who put the torrent together messed with the audio?

Back
Top Bottom