U2, Pavarotti Collaborate For B-Side Of Next Single

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AtomicLemon

War Child
Have been in Ireland, not sure if this was posted yet ...

U2, Pavarotti Collaborate For B-Side Of Next Single

U2 will renew its association with opera great Luciano Pavarotti for the B-side of "Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own," the next single from the band's How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb. Pavarotti and U2 frontman Bono have recorded a version of "Ave Maria," which the two performed at the 2003 Pavarotti and Friends concert in Italy.

The CD single of "Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own" will also include a remix of the hit "Vertigo" by Nine Inch Nails' Trent Reznor, and Jacknife Lee remixes of "Ave Maria" and "Fast Cars." A DVD version of the single will include a live performance of "Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own" from U2's studio in Dublin's Hanover Quay section, as well as footage of Reznor working on his remix.

Meanwhile, U2's new video for "All Because of You" premiered Tuesday (January 4) during ABC's live broadcast of the FedEx Orange Bowl 2005 National Championship Game halftime show. The clip was seen as the background for highlights of the game's first half, and the entire video is now available at ESPN.com.

I'm actually not looking forward to Ave Maria, but the Trent Reznor collaboration sounds promising. :applaud:

Popmartijn said:

Why not? Because Trent Reznor doesn't 'rock'?
:mac:

No, Trent is more punk rock on Neptune, where Bono perfers rocking on Venus.
:wink:

Over at the u2eastlink forum there's a post with a couple of ysi links for the Redanka Power Mix (7:34) and Redanka Power Edit (4:36).

I guess there allright. Sound like typical remixes to me.:shrug:

Ahhh, it's always exciting getting new material. I welcome both Ave Maria and the Reznor Vertigo Mix with open arms. Think about it, it has been a while since we got new material around here. First, we got the album, and then right after we got the unreleased tracks. Over 20 songs in a span of two weeks!!! U2 song overload.

Back
Top Bottom