U2 on WXRT Chicago's Friday Feature

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edgette

ONE love, blood, life
This coming Friday, the 24th, WXRT will be featuring U2 all day. This generally means 3-4 (maybe more) U2 songs an hour. They'll certainly be playing 'Vertigo'. They even stated they might be playing it as early as Thursday. :hyper:

For those of you outside of Chicago, you can listen online at www.wxrt.com.

:D

Dammit! I live in Chicago and love XRT but will be at a wedding in Alabama on Friday. Anbody know a rock station in Mobile that will be playing it?

Thanks john1800! I think you are right. My dad lives in Pensacola (which is trashed right now. :mad: F***in Ivan!). I seem to remember a TK station.

I need get my lazy butt in gear and go see what the radio stations are doing around here, if anything.

If they aren't doing anything, I guess I'm going to be listening online. Thanks, Edgette!

You're welcome everyone. XRT does this with U2 quite often and it's really fun. They play the hits and the rare stuff. They play a lot of rare stuff anyway, for radio I mean. I heard 'Dancing Barefoot' on there just last week.

u2head said:
I bet XRT's featuring U2 this Friday (their Friday Feature) because of the new single coming out. They're a great U2 station -- I remember once XRT did a special feature all because it was Bono's birthday!

That was really cool! :cool:

I e-mailed them and asked if they were doing a Friday feature for the new song and they never got back to me. Then I saw it posted on their site that they were. :D

And I remember that! They really did a nice job for his birthday.

You should come out to the Cubby Bear in Wrigleyville this Friday to see Elevation. It's going to be a big bash for the new single. It'll be fun!

XRT is brilliant! I also live in Chicago but I go to school in Champaign (out of Chicago radio range). Looks like I'll be listening to it on the net like everyone else...

how do you listen to the station online? I went there and didn't see any place i could go to listen to their station. Any ideas?

Right on the main page if you look on the left side is says AOL for Broadband, Listen Live. It's right under the XRT VIP info. Just click there and it should work.

They also have this now

friday_u2.gif

We'll premiere a new track from U2's forthcoming album on this week's Friday Feature! Tune in to hear it first!

So far I've heard

Vertigo
I Will Follow
New Year's Day
Stay (Far Away So Close)

And the day's just begun. :D

Back
Top Bottom