U2 On Vh1 Classic - Request Your Videos For Air: $25 Bucks A Pop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Clawgrabber

War Child
Los Angeles, California (There Is No End To Love)
Hey everyone...

Just caught this on VH1.Com...

To benifit the hurricane victims, they are having a "Pay to Play" benifit where they will play video requests for a donation.

$25.00 gets one of your videos on air.
If you spend over $200.00 you get a signed poster by legendary Rock Artist Peter Max

And for the big spenders, you can set an hour block (13 Videos) and Peter Max will paint your portrait for only $35,000.00

Anyway, they have a load of videos to choose from, and the following U2 videos (some of which I think are quite . I will mark those in bold...

here is the list of U2 videos you can request...

With Or Without You
All I Want Is You
Where The Streets Have No Name
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Desire
Angel Of Harlem
October/New Years Day (Ver.2)
Pride
Pride (Ver. 2)
Pride (Live)
I Will Follow
The Unforgettable Fire
One Tree Hill
Two Hearts Beat As One
Gloria
A Celebration
A Sort Of Homecoming
One (Version 1)
One (Version 2)
Night And Day
Please
Sweetest Thing
Vertigo
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
All Because Of You
City Of Blinding Lights
Mysterious Ways
One (Version 3)
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
The Fly
Even Better Than The Real Thing
Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
Lemon
When Love Comes To Town

Some of those are more rare than others (i.e. seeing Please or Lemon would be nice, etc, but the bold ones are really a treat. Some I didn't even know existed.)

Anyway, that's my post...

Pride live is from Rattle and Hum, I think A Sort of Homecoming is live performance footage and was on the original Unforgettable Fire documentary video.

October/News Years Day 2 is a headscratcher, it might be live footage as well since those songs used to be played back to back live during the Joshua Tree tour.

A Celebration is hilarious, and if it was played with Night and Day back to back, my life would be complete

if anyone doesn't know, A Celebration has Bono running around an Irish prison, and the band turning into beams of light

or am i wrong?

david said:
October/News Years Day 2 is a headscratcher, it might be live footage as well since those songs used to be played back to back live during the Joshua Tree tour.
weren't these songs played back to back on the red rocks video? i can't remember.

KhanadaRhodes said:

weren't these songs played back to back on the red rocks video? i can't remember.

They are. In fact, they played it earlier this evening (just October/New Year's Day, not the whole Red Rocks concert.)

KhanadaRhodes said:

Yep, October/NYD was first done on 1 December 1982, and besides War's first leg in 1983 (when October was paired with Tomorrow), October rarely made a setlist without New Year's Day as the subsequent track until its final performance on 28 October 1989.

(Some alternate and rarely done setlist placements were October/Springhill Mining Disaster and October/With Or Without You. Bad/October/NYD/Pride ended quite a lot of main sets from 1984 through to Lovetown.)

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

THE STUCK IN A MOMENT VIDEO IS SO BAD....VH1 DIDN'T EVEN INCLUDE IT IN THE LIST!!!!!!!!!!

Clawgrabber said:
what about ONE TREE HILL????

Axver?

that one is from R&H, it's the extra bonus video that you get if you bought the VHS Best Of 1980s video

has a timecode throughout the whole performance...

Miroslava said:
A Celebration is CHEESETASTIC!!! :love:

ROFL. It's that video that makes me wonder why they never released "Red Hill Mining Town." I mean... how it could be any worse or any cheesier? :wink:

I just love the bursting-out-of-vortexes-of-light stuff. Classic!

Back
Top Bottom