U2 on Uk rich list and are worth........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Interesting factoid

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article1676370.ece

Simon Cowell, the man the public love to hate, has shot up the charts of The Sunday Times Rich List, making him the fastest riser of anyone in the music business.

Cowell has seen his personal fortune grow by an extra £40 million in one year.

The X Factor and American Idol judge, 47, now sits on an estimated wealth of £100 million. From 944th position last year to 700 this year, no other individual from the world of pop has risen up the ranks so much.

So Simon is worth what a member of PLEBA is worth, basically. (I mean the real PLEBA, although everyone in PLEBA is worth 100 million pounds to me!)

so how come Bono doesn't give it to charity???? huh?? huh?!?!?!1111?!!?! omg they are suchhhhhhh hipocrytes!!!!111!!!!11

JCOSTER, if you can't recognize europop2005's post as exaggerated sarcasm, then I don't know what to tell you.

whos gonna give all their own money to charity you idiot???? You should be stupid to do that!
Bono only wants everybody who live in rich countries to give a fucking misery of their money.... uhhhh? so sum it up and you have a lot of money you bastard!!!
got it?

Nube Gris said:
whos gonna give all their own money to charity you idiot???? You should be stupid to do that!
Bono only wants everybody who live in rich countries to give a fucking misery of their money.... uhhhh? so sum it up and you have a lot of money you bastard!!!
got it?

:hyper:

I thought that u2 was worth 500 mil pounds collectively back in the late 90's....I would have thought they would have had more now....

popsadie said:
I thought that u2 was worth 500 mil pounds collectively back in the late 90's....I would have thought they would have had more now....

Maybe they gave it to the poor African children;)

Sarcasm or not, seriously, Bono could do a helluva lot of good in Africa with a fourth of his share of the fortune. It does bug me to see him lecturing others in a holier than thou voice about 'saving lives' when he's really not putting his money where his mouth is. I do NOT want to get into a fight over this, and I refuse to, but that IS how it looks to the general public, and the comments in the 'young people and U2' thread seem to bear this out. People DO see him that way, and that is ALL I've ever tried to say when I got accused of bashing him and got lectured over and over. The facts are there, take them as you will, and others will do the same:)

Why am I not surprised that whenever a new topic concerning U2's finances is brought up the same people show up turning the issue into a "Bono doesn't put his money where his mouth is" one.
This is getting so boring.
I almost sensed it coming up in this thread as well. Their business is their business and not ours. I couldn't care less how much money they have or haven't. And I still believe Bono should not publicly say how much he is donating, it would be pathetic.
I think he has made some very clear statements about this issue in the past.
Let's believe what we all want to believe, in the end the only person who knows is he himself.

U2Kitten said:

Maybe they gave it to the poor African children;)

Sarcasm or not, seriously, Bono could do a helluva lot of good in Africa with a fourth of his share of the fortune. It does bug me to see him lecturing others in a holier than thou voice about 'saving lives' when he's really not putting his money where his mouth is. I do NOT want to get into a fight over this, and I refuse to, but that IS how it looks to the general public, and the comments in the 'young people and U2' thread seem to bear this out. People DO see him that way, and that is ALL I've ever tried to say when I got accused of bashing him and got lectured over and over. The facts are there, take them as you will, and others will do the same:)

Bono aint a hypocrite or anything else. He is thinkin BIG. He aint about asking us to make a drop in the ocean, token geture. He is going after the men/women who can make a real difference to the issue...ie Bush, Blair etc. Even if Bono gave all his money over, it may improve things for a short while, but thats about it. He is thinking long term! At the end of the day, the best thing we as individuals can do is put those we choose to represent us under some pressure to make a difference.

Another interesting factoid
http://www.atu2.com/news/article.src?ID=4616

ROCK band U2 now have an estimated collective fortune of (EU)715m . . . but even that huge wealth is only enough to secure 20th position on this year's Irish Rich List.

The full list will be published on Sunday and is again expected to be topped by Dublin-born model Hilary Weston, who married into a retailing dynasty in Canada and has an estimated fortune of (EU)7bn.

But the fall of Bono and the boys from 13th position on the list - despite earning more than (EU)25m last year from their Vertigo tour - highlights the increasing competition at the top of the Irish rich list.

A number of property magnates are understood to have overtaken U2, and the number of Irish billionaires has also increased from last year's total of seven.

Quinn Group chairman Sean Quinn and Independent Newspapers chairman Sir Anthony O'Reilly are believed to be among the top three richest. However, the four U2 band members - who split their earnings with manager Paul McGuinness - continue to top the separate list of Irish music entertainers, which was released yesterday.

Yes lets have bono live in a carboard box and give everything away, because you know he is a GOD, and cannot support cuases unless he is totally behind them as the most unselfish person ever. LEts then make nelson mandela live in the slums and give all HIS money up for africa cause he's always banging on about it. Actually lets make everyone who wants Africans NOT to die, give up all their worldy goods and join them, because unless you do that you're a hypocrite. :smile:

Gawd this topic gets tired really fast.

gman said:

Bono aint a hypocrite or anything else. He is thinkin BIG. He aint about asking us to make a drop in the ocean, token geture. He is going after the men/women who can make a real difference to the issue...ie Bush, Blair etc. Even if Bono gave all his money over, it may improve things for a short while, but thats about it. He is thinking long term! At the end of the day, the best thing we as individuals can do is put those we choose to represent us under some pressure to make a difference.

We've explained this to her before...she chooses not to listen:shrug:

Nube Gris said:
got it?

There is no need to insult people, that is not tolerated. Calm yourself.

...sorry but im gonna insult everyone who calls Bono 'such an hipocryte' for all of his efforts in behalf of the poorest in this world
Its not acceptable..thats enough

Back
Top Bottom