U2 on TV Sunday night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I turned to it during Stay. Nice version, but I was disappointed that I missed the rest of the acoustic set. I don't own the DVD, so I have to say that the direction kind of sucks...the camera is absolutely obsessed with Bono. You'd barely know Adam was even there and the director seemed bothered that he had to show Edge during the solo to the Fly (which was incredible, by the way...loved the way Bono worked in some of his ZooTV antics). Oh, and I hate that they edited out Bullet the Blue Sky, which was the one song I wanted to see, and cut right to With or Without You (which I find boring, so I switched to the Queen's Jubilee on VH1...wish my cable company had that channel when THEY showed Boston). And I seem to remember Wake Up Dead Man having more lines... :)

As for the Queen's Jubilee, I think that the version of All You Need Is Love somewhat lowered my opinion of British people. And during Paul's performance of The End, I couldn't help but think to myself how much of a dork Paul really is. :) While My Guitar Gently Weeps, performed by Eric Clapton on lead vocals and guitar and (Sir) Paul McCartney on piano for George (and introduced by Sir George Martin...don't they show any restraint when handing out the knighthoods these days?), was nice. The host was crazy. I should get a DVD player. That is all.

Forgot about this...

Ah, stupid me didn't know that Elevation was airing last night. Good thing I didn't miss much, 'cause there was nothing new witht the broadcast. I was watching the Queen's Jubilee on VH1, and well, nothing great. :rolleyes:

I was happy with it. I don't have the DVD, so some of the stuff was new to me (The Fly, Stay, In a Little While). I also don't remember some of the things Bono said being on the VH1 version, such as when he said Larry was 14 years old when the band first started, "and he still is." LOL! It was too bad they cut New York, but I guess it was worth it to see the other songs being performed. It does suck that they cut "Bullet" in both the VH1 and Family Channel version. Is it on the DVD?

Back
Top Bottom