U2 on the radio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I do know that the Twin Cities adult rock/pop station (Cities 97) is fixated on IALW. :yes:

Today I heard "The Ground Beneath Her Feet" on a small, local radio station, and on a popular rock station they played "New Year's Day" during "retro lunch hour", lol. Funny thing is, they consider Achtung Baby retro too! I suppose it is in a way, but it doesn't sound dated... yet. ;)

Hey I was just going to start a thread on this! I was just thinking about this!

Okay, my Classic rock (60's-80's) plays:

NYD
SBS
Pride
Streets
WOWY
ISHFWILF
Desire
Angel of Harlem
When Love Comes to Town

My hard rock station that caters mostly to younger fans who like harder, newer bands has played:

NYD
MW
Streets
BTBS
Elevation

There is another station, I don't know what you'd call the format, they play mostly newer stuff that is not too hard but harder than adult contemporary- they call themselves 'the best of the songs you grew up with and the best of the new stuff to keep you informed'- they are VERY pro-U2 and mention them all the time. They have a much more extensive U2 playlist:

NYD
SBS
Pride
Bad
Streets
WOWY
BTBS
In God's Country
Red Hill Mining Town
Running to Stand Still
ISHFWILF
Desire
Angel of Harlem
One
MW
WGRYWH
BD
Walk On
Stuck
Elevation
WILATW
Wild Honey
Peace on Earth
Kite

I have noticed that radio tends to ignore the entire albums of Boy, October, Zooropa and Pop. Of all the songs on those 4 albums, Stay is probably the one that deserves the most radio play it doesn't get.

Throughout the past 10 years, I know a lot of my local radio stations have played EVERYTHING... or at least many U2 songs... everything from The Electric Co, to The Unforgettable Fire, to Babyface... even B-sides like U2's cover of "Fortunate Son" or U2's collaboration on "Sweet Fire of Love"... or back in 1994, I remember hearing "The Sweetest Thing" on the radio... the *original* Sweetest Thing before they released it as a single 5 years later...

I guess I'm curious about what they're playing nowadays... :yes:

here in Australia- well my area, we get heaps of U2 on the radio, I remember hearing everlasting love the other day on one of the commercial stations- most of these stations will play mainly th hits like Streets, Pride, Mysterious Ways (now that I remember I heard that one the other day too) and you get what I mean, but the national youth/alternative radio station 'Triple J'- they plays the more obscure stuff like when Beautiful Day came out instead of playing the single they would play the remixes instead and I know for a fact that one of their DJs is a huge U2 fan and usually during one of his shifts you will hear some nice U2.......but on a side note my most fondest U2 radio experience was on the most recent christmas day- it was about 3 in the afternoon and I was cruising down the motorway on my way to a friends house for some serious chrissy drinking after doing the lunch thing with the parents and it was a seriously hot day- aobut 40 degrees celcius and so I am crusing down the motorway- beautiful blue skies, windows down and on comes the Rattle version of Pride, so I turn up the car stereo all the way up and am singing along and loving every bit of it- and that was so cool- totally made my Christmas day:)

Back
Top Bottom