U2 on the OC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VertiGone

Acrobat
According to atu2, the fourth episode of the new season of the OC will feature Sometimes You Can't Make it on Your Own. It sounds like it will be after the record comes out, but still pretty cool. Now THAT is a quality show!

VertiGone said:
According to atu2, the fourth episode of the new season of the OC will feature Sometimes You Can't Make it on Your Own. It sounds like it will be after the record comes out, but still pretty cool. Now THAT is a quality show!

The fourth episode will air on the 25th. I'm not going to bother watching since the album will already be out by then.

I don't know....

For such a seemingly meaningful song it seems pretty tacky to have it on a TV show :sad:

That would like if they played "One" on there. :(

Last edited:
The OC rocks, and plays some of the best music on tv. Nobody seems to get upset when Death Cab or The Shins or Turin Brakes, or the Dandy Warhols, or Eels gets played on the show. But if U2 gets played it's horrible. I think it's cool. We love U2's music but don't want it to reach a wider audience? I mean there are younger people out there that haven't had the opportunity to hear U2, and maybe this will be that chance.

Last edited:
The OC is actually a brilliant show. I'm hooked (because I'm a teen :wink:). It's much better than 90210 and a million times better than Dawsons creek. Can't wait to hear the song.

I suppose I'll have to "broaden my horizon" to appreciate this show. I'll watch it in its entirety now.

In what I've seen before, though, it seems like it's all a bunch of drama loving spoiled kids who sex it up and party and play on the beach 24/7 and did I mention they love drama?

Maybe I just didn't watch enough of it.

I actually like the OC - One of the characters is a total music geek - the dialog is pretty witty - much more so than other shows on TV right now
You just have to get through the tortured whinny teenage parts

Allow me to make my position on The OC clear by quoting an incident that occurred while I was practicing a speech on Wednesday.

Me: [The media] shelters viewers ... through a staple diet of shallow, politically correct pop-culture programmin-
My friend: *bursts out in laughter* Yeah, like The OC!

What's wrong with the OC? I like a lot because it's very self-aware. It knows it's a soap opera and has fun with it. I watch it as much for the comedy in it than anything else.

Back
Top Bottom