U2 on SNL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I want the boys to do a skit in SNL too! Something involved an Irish pub perhaps....

:hmm: Or better yet, a remake of the Bruce Dickenson/cowbell skit....Good ol' Bruce will be making Larry play the cowbell and him and Bono duke it out--now I don't care who you are, THAT'S funny!

*imagine Larry playing the cowbell---he'd be ticked*

Maybe Bono could play the part of Bruce Dickenson and a cast member could imitate Bono--they could go nuts with that! Having him running around the studio, climbing the rafters and biting and whatnot... :laugh:

john1800 said:
They should let Larry host. :rolleyes:

Would'nt it be keen if U2 hosted as well as being the musical guests on SNL??? I would DIE!!! I jotted it on my calendar Im definately going to record it I got the 2000 episode...

One question? I was SOO excited (jumping up and down) in 2000
I can't recall if they played 2 songs I know beautiful day was the only one..and if there was another one I must have passed out
cause that is the only one I recorded...Anyone know???

BonoFox1 said:

One question? I was SOO excited (jumping up and down) in 2000
I can't recall if they played 2 songs I know beautiful day was the only one..and if there was another one I must have passed out
cause that is the only one I recorded...Anyone know???

They played Beautiful Day and Elevation.

Back when they were on it in 2000 I really wanted them to be in a MANGO skit. I thought Bono falling in love would Mango would be awesome but it didn't happen :(

Lisa71 said:
Back when they were on it in 2000 I really wanted them to be in a MANGO skit. I thought Bono falling in love would Mango would be awesome but it didn't happen :(

:ohmy:

This is weird. Did you know that they asked Bono if he would do the Mango skit but he refused?

OMG, really?!!!:love: :drool: :hyper:

whoever gets a final confirmation....like say seeing a comment in Billboard etc, please send the info here asap!

OK. {takes deep breath} I live in NYC....

Is SNL is taped at the NBC building in Rockefeller Center? (at the momnet I can't remeber whether they're on NBC or CBS :der: !)
:uhoh: I just remembered I took a tour to CBS'S STUDIO'S ON BETWEEN 9TH & 10TH aVE Oon 57th streeT {Manhattan} about 20 yrs ago. I think I remeber being told one set we visited was for SNL. :hmm: was for SNL.

>WHat time do they tape it? My memory says early afternoon of same sat {like letterman is taped earlier in late afternoon/ evening } but tht was years ago!

who's palnning to go?

Lisa71 said:

I thought the exact same thing back then...in fact maybe I even discussed it here with you(?). No, I don't think there was ever any official "plan" to have Bono do this...which he refused. It was just something we all thought would've been cool/hilarious if it happened. The musical performance was great, but it was slightly disappointing that Bono didn't make a cameo in a skit. Mick Jagger is always a riot when he does it (impersonating Keith Richards or mocking himself with Jimmy Fallon playing his reflection in the mirrior).

SNL's taped at NBC 30 Rockefeller Center....and the show airs live starting at 11:35pm and ending at 1am....

I'm from the city, too....who's planning on going?

My friend went to a show once. It's actually LIVE at 11:30pm but I don't know if they line up early or whatever. You might call NBC to find out the deal. Good luck to the people that go... Yeah, I'm jealous! :madspit:

dreamingoutloud1 said:
SNL's taped at NBC 30 Rockefeller Center....and the show airs live starting at 11:35pm and ending at 1am....

OOOooooo :drool:! Thanks for the info, dreaming! My first guess was right.

Thank goodness it's a Sat night, since I don't usually get up early on Sunday. :hmm: The question is whether to stay the whole time between what ever time arrival time is before 11:35PM in order to catch them going in, then returning by 1AM to {hopefully} catch them going out. That's what i did [only earlier in the evening when Bono was at Christie's]. Well, i sure hope the day's flow allows me the opportunity to go (another beg to ***The Universe***).

Lisa :hug: hopefully you'll get a chance to see them in Florida. I seen them several times but never lucky enought to see them up close, as i have seen every other favorite band of mine previous to U2.

Last edited:
Wonder if they're just going to play or if they get the proverbial "SNL Initiation"? B/c if they do I will eat my shorts. No chance of them doing a skit, sadly. *sigh*

dreamingoutloud1 said:

I'm going with youtwohearts!! I was there last week for the carson daly show to see Duran Duran. The problem is you're inside the building so without tickets I don't know how far we'd get. Also, there are atleast 2 entrances and employees claimed there's an exit in the basement but I don't know for sure. The chances of us seeing anything are not promising.

Does anyone know if this has been confirmed? I would like to take a road trip to New York that weekend if it is true.

When I asked for confirmation (which hasn't come yet), I also asked about tickets but didn't get an answer. What I have heard is that tickets for SNL go out at the beginning of the season and you have no choice over what show you get to see, they just randomly send out tickets. If I do hear back from the NBC press office, I will definitely ask about the tickets again.

One thing I can suggest is to listen to NYC radio stations, they might get passes. I know KROQ in LA gives away tickets to "Tonight Show" and other talk show tapings when their bands are performing.

A friend of mine went to SNL a few years ago when Ben Affleck hosted and she said they had to wait in line to for tickets. I'm wondering, though, if it was maybe a stand-by line in case people with tickets don't show up?

Back
Top Bottom