u2 on "sky captain and the world of tomorrow"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shrmn8rpoptart

War Child
according to superherohype.com, the rumored u2 song "sky hawk" will be featured on the soundtrack to "sky captain and the world of tomorrow" this summer.
http://superherohype.com/index.php?id=710

maybe this is just me, but if a song from the new album is going to be on a soundtrack for a summer movie, then one could draw the conclusion that the album would have to be out by that time.
May it is!!!:applaud:

or it could be the first single which comes out 1 or 2 months before the album, being a fall release...

but im hoping/banking on a spring release, but that mirage fades day by day...

Sky Captain the movie comes out June 15 I believe. Certainly the band will want to have the album out prior to take advantage of sales.

I'm a little skeptical of this. Last year some Internet movie sites were saying U2 was going to be on the "Lara Croft: Cradle of Life" soundtrack and that ended up being untrue. There was even a tracklist floating around.

Johnny_Mo said:
U2 never put a song in both soundtrack and their own album.

You are so wrong...."Until The End Of The World" was on both Acthung Baby and the soundtrack to the movie named "Until The End Of The World". "Stay (Faraway, So Close)" was both on Zooropa and the soundtrack to the movie "Faraway, So Close". So it is a definite possibility, as both songs were written with those two movies in mind (both directed by Wim Wenders).

Er, Johnny, U2 put Elevation on Tomb Raider, remember? (slightly remixed, but it's the same really) And I will say that U2 has NEVER put a new song in a Movie, then on an album. ONLY the other way around...which makes me think May release...

...That or the song is another one and done...

U2 will want to promote their OWN album and not a movie.
If Sky Hawk is indeed a single slated for July (approx) to coincide with that movie, then this IS GREAT NEWS. Why? Because U2 and other big artists usually space singles out 3-4 months apart, in U2's case it's about 4 months (give or take)

New Single-March
New Album-May

It's falling into place, it also goes along with what many people close to the band have said and what Universal France and Italy said.

most likely its gonna be just like hold me because the song title is obviously for the movie, it wouldnt make sense to put it on the album, the song is movie specific. it would be too corny for them to add it to their album tracklist.

my prediction: they put out this song in june/july, it builds u2 hype all over the place, the general public starts thirsting for this new u2 and want more, then bam! 1 month or 2 months later, a kick ass NEW U2 album hits the planet with a sound not quite heard before and with 12 ALL NEW songs. go buy the single and or soudtrack if you want "sky hawk". it wont be included on the album.

Back
Top Bottom